ADVERTISEMENT

Albums that would still be popular if released today

AggieTom2000

Gold Member
Jan 18, 2002
Cypress, TX
Another offseason thread that I thought of based on the success of the "covers better than the original" thread.

What we're looking for are timeless albums that could still be considered successful if they were released today instead of during their original era.

Some albums have great songs but are about material that is no longer relevant. Others have an antiquated sound that isn't popular today. Some albums are either so good that it doesn't matter or they are good songs that don't attach strictly to an era. Either way works.

The qualifier is that this album would sell well (either by purchases or downloads) today.

I'll start with one that I don't think will be mentioned. I have several but I'll hold off.

"Cracked Rear View" by Hootie and the Blowfish. This album is simple songwriter/college rock. The songs are not stuck in a particular time. They also don't identify too much with what was happening fad-wise during the 90s (grunge, alt, rap) The album was wildly popular (#16 all-time) and people of all ages liked it.

I think it would still do well today. Perhaps not quite as well with the teen market, but I think it would be a big seller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News