ADVERTISEMENT

1990 Holiday Bowl

Mark93

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2003
I've been watching some mid 80s to 90s Aggie games recently and one thing I noticed right away is how much more physical the games were back then. The talent we had on defense was insane. For 10 or so years we put at least one linebacker in the league each year.

But if you just have time to watch just one game then it should be the 1990 Holiday Bowl. I recall the week preceding the game, that the BYU coach said some things that came back to haunt him. This was the only game I've seen in those days where Slocum never left off the gas. In fact, i think his foot had penetrated the floor of the 18 wheeler in the 3rd and 4th quarters. And that can be said on both sides of the ball. The announcers were throwing in the white towel in the middle of the 3rd quarter and practically begging Slocs to let up.

Ty Detmer had his left shoulder dislocated in the first half and the right one early in the 2nd half. Man we had some running backs back then as well. We were getting 5-20 yards just on the belly play. Bucky was basically a mean ass fullback but he actually threw the ball pretty well. This game is a must watch for new army.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News