ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 1/31 Recruiting Update

FletchW

Staff
Apr 20, 2009
Arlington, Texas

It appears A&M had a great day with officials and made a pretty good impact with certain kids such as Clifford Chattman and Chris Daniels. A&M gave Chattman a lot to think about and any recruit that commits takes an official to a school the following weekend is a pretty weak commitment. A&M appears to give Daniels a lot to think about and Rakeem Boyd really worked hard to recruit him to A&M it appears. Daniels will decide at 10 AM on National Signing Day. One note that came as a surprise to me. There is a lot of chatter about Jack Jones and his pending decision. It appears what ground A&M lost to USC has just about made it up. USC is still the favorite, but a lot of people view this as a race between A&M and USC and Jones picking A&M would not come as a shock. If A&M lands Jones, give a lot of credit to Jeff Banks who has practically camped out in Long Beach the last few weeks. Tomorrow could be a huge momentum day for A&M as D'Vaughn Pennamon and Cameron Lewis will decide what school they will choose tomorrow. Nick Starkel said a few weeks back to keep an eye on Pennamon and him flipping to A&M could possibly happen. With Lewis, I'm sticking with him staying an LSU commit, but you never know.

The junior day was considered a success. Yes, there may not have been any public commitments, but there might be a few in a few days. I have been told there was some silent verbals today. As you can tell from this picture,

Martell, Neatherly, and Morris really worked hard to get a few kids to commit or either flip to A&M. So before complaining about no commits today, let the process play out some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News