ADVERTISEMENT

Your New Coach ..

NJNole1

New or Lurking
Aug 13, 2003
is pretty bush league in some of the comments he made about FSU when he departed. No one questions that a person has a right to seek a new position that pays more but there is no need to take shoots at your previous employer who allowed you to be mentored by a living legend in Coach Bobby Bowden and elevated him to head coach because in part this was his "dream school". His success in large part was Jameis Winston. His failure this season was because he was too loyal to his DC and offensive line coach who have not produced in the last three years. We won because of great athletes and not great coaching including the head coach. In fact we were near the bottom in rankings of plays called per game that falls directly on Fisher. He had an OC in name only, he tried to be the HC, OC and QB coach. There were so many time outs and penalties called for too much time because the play didn't come in from the side lines that it was ridiculous and became predictable. I know Fisher had a lot going on with his divorce, a sick child and his work responsibilities but he got distracted and lost his focus and this was noticed not only by the team but also based upon recruits reactions. For the last month of his tenure he was not even recruiting for FSU because he was anticipating taking the TAMU job and if President Thrasher had not forced the issue he would have coached the last game giving him a 6W 6L avoiding a losing season of 5W 6L. So I think Fisher may be a good coach but at some point he became disloyal in the way he was always pushing the edge with confrontation instead of negotiation. So that's what you got and I hope you have plenty of money to make this guy happy but at the same time I do not wish him or TAMU success for the way this was handled starting in September. I have included a link with an interview with President Thrasher regarding Fisher.

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/florida-state-president-opens-about-facilities-fisher

Reactions: jay112075
You may be correct in your accesment, but we will take our chance

Reactions: Boerne23
EAD sore loser. Tagfart will be a marginal coach and you will be owned for a while. No one really cares about the #3 or 4 school in your state.

You just enjoyed the most success your program has ever seen let alone be part of. Our bad year was an above avg year for your program.

I love(d) Jimbo so I am sour, but the OPs post is correct. Just understand he aint about you r program. FSU was his home and we pushed him out. also 75 million too. LOL hows our nut taste Fags

EAD sore loser. Tagfart will be a marginal coach and you will be owned for a while. No one really cares about the #3 or 4 school in your state.
I guess aTm should know...how it feels to be 3rd or 4th in state. Unless jimbos got a Jameis Winston in his back pocket don't think y'all are climbing out of middle if the pack in sec west either. Get used to watching an offense that is as fun and predictable as paint drying. Loved jimbo but I'm not an insider so what we are starting to hear about going on with him behind closed doors us disgusting. He is a lying hypocrite talking about loyalty. Wonder why he didn't take his bud ol coach trickett? May take a few years but yoI'll find out about his character soon enough.

Reactions: Bellis30
Mark this time and post. Jimbo is a Bad Guy who you all will hate within 3 years! Unless everyone involved with your program likes being called MF'er. But, best of luck to A&M! No hate for your school! There is not a person involved with FSU, students, players, staff, booster, sorry to see him go. AMF, Coach Inches! Sorry you measured up short in so many areas!

Odd. Bashing our former HC on another schools board. For myself, I think Jimbo 's personal problems at home really distracted him this past year or so. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. Thanks for your past success and best wishes for the future. The last few weeks of his stay at FSU weren;'t
pretty but that's over now. Lets move on.

i will miss jimbos speeches, great in the lockerroom and loves his players...he just got worn out here in tally imo, a fresh start for him is good and i hope he wins a bunch of games for you

Odd. Bashing our former HC on another schools board. For myself, I think Jimbo 's personal problems at home really distracted him this past year or so. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. Thanks for your past success and best wishes for the future. The last few weeks of his stay at FSU weren;'t
pretty but that's over now. Lets move on.
Wait till his GF swaps gravy with Bevo...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT