ADVERTISEMENT

You all are being played by Jimbo

Godzillaaa

New or Lurking
Feb 12, 2003
Ask LSU. He and Sexton do this every year, and every year he gets more money. You are just the latest leverage to jerk around the administration. Be careful what you wish for.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lay low and let them sign the man. From what I am hearing the administration has had a belly full of Sexton and Jimbo and are willing to talk about reducing the buy-out to make this happen. This is a win for FSU regardless of who replaces him.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lay low and let them sign the man. From what I am hearing the administration has had a belly full of Sexton and Jimbo and are willing to talk about reducing the buy-out to make this happen. This is a win for FSU regardless of who replaces him.
I hope you're right man. I want his azz gone.

From what I am hearing he severely overplayed his had in the annual Jimmy/Jimbo shake-down. They secured an offer in writing from A&M on Sunday and Mr. Jimmy called the AD to "discuss" the offer, just like they have done for every single year he has been here. The AD told him not this year and if he is so unhappy he probably needs to go. I don't think they anticipated this response so now he has to take the A&M job to save face. Doesn't matter the why to me, just get the hell out. I am over the moon because I figured with the ridiculous buy-out we were stuck with him for a few more seasons.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
From what I am hearing he severely overplayed his had in the annual Jimmy/Jimbo shake-down. They secured an offer in writing from A&M on Sunday and Mr. Jimmy called the AD to "discuss" the offer, just like they have done for every single year he has been here. The AD told him not this year and if he is so unhappy he probably needs to go. I don't think they anticipated this response so now he has to take the A&M job to save face. Doesn't matter the why to me, just get the hell out. I am over the moon because I figured with the ridiculous buy-out we were stuck with him for a few more seasons.

Where did you hear this? Last I heard our dipstick state senator univ president was doing everything he can to get Jimloss to stay.

Come on A&M....up your offer. Take our national championship winning coach. He's all yours.

Jimbo wasn't all that great our National Championship year...Jamies was...Please take him. I really think he has burned his bridges in Tallahassee. If it wasn't for his 38 million dollar buyout FSU would have probably forced his hand by now.

I have friends that are Golden Chiefs and above and our wonderful president has been burning up the phone lines to the big $ folks laying out the latest extortion demand from Jimbo. From what I am hearing he is shocked by the response he is getting (the Spanx chick apparently hung up on him). It appears that the $ folks have finally figured him out and are done with him. Most are excited somebody will take him off of our hands and wipe out the buy-outs, even though they are willing to negotiate that if it will help ease him out.

In one of his recent press conferences he whined about the big boosters "haven't really done anything in a while" and that pissed them all off to no end. They have built an indoor facility, renovated the locker room twice, renovated the stadium twice, renovated the dorms, agreed to his outrageous assistant demands, agreed to his annual raises, agreed to a football only facility and every other demand that has come down the pike from Mr. Jimmy to the tune of over $250 million in the last 5-years. And he claimed they have done nothing? Apparently Jimbo has figured out the only way he can win big is if he has more toys than anybody else or another Jameis falls in to his lap. He sure as hell isn't going to win big on his own abilities and I think he even realizes that now. Come Sunday he will be somebody elses problem and we can find a coach who actually wants to coach the team.

The best part of it all to me is the person that is the most shocked at this turn of events is Jimbo himself. They have apparently been in discussions on his latest toy request of a football only facility for months. They agreed weeks ago to renovate an existing building to give him what he wants, but it wasn't going to have all of the bells and whistles he wanted. This was acceptable to him weeks ago (it was projected to cost another $50 million), but now that he has a written offer from A&M it isn't suitable to him anymore and he now wants a new building with all of the bells and whistles, to the tune of around $75 million. Apparently he and Mr. Jimmy thought this was just going to be like every other year where they either pony up to the latest demands or he will take his ball and go home, or at least to LSU. Only this time he is trying to extort them with a losing record from a team ranked #3 to start the year and full of 4-5* athletes. He never expected any push back from FSU and he want's no part of A&M and the SEC West. He knows he can't win big there but he thought it would get him more toys. He is now stuck. His ego won't let him stay without his latest demand but he knows he will not be as successful at A&M. I predict he will be gone after 3-years there and end up coaching Murray State.

Last edited:
@JWtruthsquad, I was going to ask if Thrasher is really calling around looking for money to placate Jimloss because that would be hard to believe. Then I realized it is Thrasher and he really is that dumb.

Yes, he really is that stupid (he is a politician after all). The thing to keep in mind is that the president position at FSU is a charity position. When the politicians are term-limited out they become the FSU president to bump up their retirement and become vested in the state retirement system. They add years of service in a select exempt position and their salary goes way, WAY up compared to what they are paid in the legislature. This adds tremendously to their retirement. Same thing TK did. That is why they only stay 5-years. The retirement is based on years of service and your "high five" years of salary. That is why we keep getting losers as the university president.

I am NOT a golden chief and I sure didn't get a call from them, but friends of my parents are and did. Actually he started with the people way over the golden chief level because they are the ones that can write 7-8 figure checks while the goldens typically top out at 5 digits. What he is hearing is that the man is, and always has been hated. The common view is he is a surely, arrogant prick with nothing in his background to justify it. Thrasher thought he was loved because they kept falling for the extortion year after year and writing big checks to keep him, but they have hated him forever and were just tolerating him because he was winning. They now realize it was all smoke and mirrors and after the mess of this season want him gone, and gone now. I know for a fact my dads best friend told them he would donate, but only to a fund to buy his ass out. Thrasher was shocked.

Take him. FSU is a top 5 coaching job. Its time for a change on both sides. Fans are sick of these antics every year, we called his bluff and he lost.

I have friends that are Golden Chiefs and above and our wonderful president has been burning up the phone lines to the big $ folks laying out the latest extortion demand from Jimbo. From what I am hearing he is shocked by the response he is getting (the Spanx chick apparently hung up on him). It appears that the $ folks have finally figured him out and are done with him. Most are excited somebody will take him off of our hands and wipe out the buy-outs, even though they are willing to negotiate that if it will help ease him out.

In one of his recent press conferences he whined about the big boosters "haven't really done anything in a while" and that pissed them all off to no end. They have built an indoor facility, renovated the locker room twice, renovated the stadium twice, renovated the dorms, agreed to his outrageous assistant demands, agreed to his annual raises, agreed to a football only facility and every other demand that has come down the pike from Mr. Jimmy to the tune of over $250 million in the last 5-years. And he claimed they have done nothing? Apparently Jimbo has figured out the only way he can win big is if he has more toys than anybody else or another Jameis falls in to his lap. He sure as hell isn't going to win big on his own abilities and I think he even realizes that now. Come Sunday he will be somebody elses problem and we can find a coach who actually wants to coach the team.

The best part of it all to me is the person that is the most shocked at this turn of events is Jimbo himself. They have apparently been in discussions on his latest toy request of a football only facility for months. They agreed weeks ago to renovate an existing building to give him what he wants, but it wasn't going to have all of the bells and whistles he wanted. This was acceptable to him weeks ago (it was projected to cost another $50 million), but now that he has a written offer from A&M it isn't suitable to him anymore and he now wants a new building with all of the bells and whistles, to the tune of around $75 million. Apparently he and Mr. Jimmy thought this was just going to be like every other year where they either pony up to the latest demands or he will take his ball and go home, or at least to LSU. Only this time he is trying to extort them with a losing record from a team ranked #3 to start the year and full of 4-5* athletes. He never expected any push back from FSU and he want's no part of A&M and the SEC West. He knows he can't win big there but he thought it would get him more toys. He is now stuck. His ego won't let him stay without his latest demand but he knows he will not be as successful at A&M. I predict he will be gone after 3-years there and end up coaching Murray State.
This is more insight than anything i've read on Warchant and if it's all true thanks for the info.

Jimbo has worn out his welcome with many FSU boosters and fans. Despite the fact we are loaded with one of the most talented rosters in the country, we have seriously underachieved for the past three years, the debacle this year is the final straw. He is a self overworked control freak who spreads himself too thin, he's too stubborn to change. Jimbo's pompous attitude, his overpaid, high school level coaching staff, and annual ransom demands will not be missed. You are getting a great recruiter, but not a great coach.

Jimbo has worn out his welcome with many FSU boosters and fans. Despite the fact we are loaded with one of the most talented rosters in the country, we have seriously underachieved for the past three years, the debacle this year is the final straw. He is a self overworked control freak who spreads himself too thin, he's too stubborn to change. Jimbo's pompous attitude, his overpaid, high school level coaching staff, and annual ransom demands will not be missed. You are getting a great recruiter, but not a great coach.
Hey. Mac Brown did alright at tu

So Jimbo was asking for more salary after the miserable season he had?

He seems stale @ FSU like Mark Richt was @ Georgia. A change in scenery will re-charge him like it did Mark and improve his current status.

FSU is not a top 5 job.

Jimbo is an arrogant prick and Taggert will likely turn them down. Lots of laughs watching FSU scrape bottom for someone who wants all the BS associated with being in Tallahassee.

Expect them to take a huge step backwards!

As a Nole fan, I cant wait to get rid of this guy. I've been around him for a decade (Fisher camps with my kids). He's not the same guy he was, maybe the change will be good for him. But definitely FSU wins this one.

FSU is not a top 5 job.

Jimbo is an arrogant prick and Taggert will likely turn them down. Lots of laughs watching FSU scrape bottom for someone who wants all the BS associated with being in Tallahassee.

Whatever dude....call us when you win a title. Last one for A&M was in the 1930s. We have three since 1993. Enjoy listening to unintelligible gibberish from Captain Coach Speak. Get ready to watch one of the most boring offenses on the planet.

Thanks again for taking that miserable Saban wannabe, and the 40 million obligation we would have owed him, off our hands.

Take him. FSU is a top 5 coaching job. Its time for a change on both sides. Fans are sick of these antics every year, we called his bluff and he lost.

To clarify: FSU is a top 5 coaching job......in the ACC. Everywhere else, they're irrelevant unless the media props them up. (as they always do)

Reactions: XGoBearcatsX
I wish Jimbo success. And I've always been a fan of A&M. Hope it works out. I can tell you this, you way overpaid for this guy. Hope he didn't talk you into some insane buyout that his agent Sexton did with us. In a couple of years you will be wondering what you were thinking.

I think the A&M Admin wanted to throw money at a big program coach to get immediate benefit. Jimbo was low hanging fruit in a big program. FSU made out on this deal.

From all of you ranting on the Aggie site, it seems like FSU fans were played and left holding the bag....

FSU is not a top 5 job.

This message didn't age well. We got our #1 choice, players and fans are elated. We are a destination job that is highly coveted.

To clarify: FSU is a top 5 coaching job......in the ACC. Everywhere else, they're irrelevant unless the media props them up. (as they always do)
Give me a break. FSU has been one of the best programs over the past 30 years. Look at the record.

From all of you ranting on the Aggie site, it seems like FSU fans were played and left holding the bag....
Played? We got rid of a guy that does less with more than any coach in recent memory! To boot you paid him $75 million and saved US $40 million! This coach just went 5-6 and aTm thinks he' the savior! Jimbo was 27-1 with Jameis at QB and 57-22 in all other games. He is the shiny used car you are happy about initially but realize it is trash a few years later. Good luck

Believe me, I was one of Jimbo's most ardent supporters during
his brief stay at FSU. The man is a great play caller and an ace recruiter.
His fortunes took a change for the better when Winston came along.
FSU was very good to Mr Fisher: Hugh pay raises, upgraded facilities, etc.
But as time went on, it became clear that Jimbo was all about Jimbo. His annual flirtation with other power house teams became irritating and dis-ruptive. Mr Fisher and his pimp-buddy Mr Sexton are akin to a flashy whore who is always on the hunt for a new partner with an over-sized cock and a bloated wallet. His stop at A&M is going to be interesting. He had better hope that another Winston comes along and validates his exaggerated opinion of himself. As for myself, his isn't worthy of the statue I suspect he wanted erected to sit along side of that of the great Bobby Bowden.

As a Nole fan, I cant wait to get rid of this guy. I've been around him for a decade (Fisher camps with my kids). He's not the same guy he was, maybe the change will be good for him. But definitely FSU wins this one.

tumblr_n8xlopaYWX1rkkb5mo1_250.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT