ADVERTISEMENT

What makes a conspiracy?

clayber

Known Member
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2007
What is the difference between a conspiracy and a lie? Is it the amount of people that want to believe ? Is it who is telling you? What is man made global warming? Is it a lie or a conspiracy?

Reactions: wick
I think you meant conspiracy theory rather than just conspiracy. If you don’t see the distinction I’ll be happy to explain further.

Reactions: clayber
Legally, there are civil conspiracies and then criminal conspiracies. Generally, a conspiracy claim is used to hold a person liable for the wrongful acts actually committed by another. It is an agreed upon plan or course of action intentionally taken by two or more persons to accomplish an unlawful purpose OR even a lawful purpose by unlawful means.

Agreement but also secrecy.

Conspiracy theories exist in part because conspiracies are by their nature secretive and not widely known. Otherwise it would just be collusion.

A combination between two or more persons form for the purposes of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act.

Reactions: CSAg03
A combination between two or more persons form for the purposes of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act.
How many does it take if they are conspiring to do something good like a surprise birthday party?

Reactions: darterbury and BC93
Is a robbery a conspiracy? Is this like is a hot dog a sandwich?

I want to say the act of conspiring fits in there somewhere.

What is the difference between a conspiracy and a lie? Is it the amount of people that want to believe ? Is it who is telling you? What is man made global warming? Is it a lie or a conspiracy?

If you're asking how this applies to the concept of man made global warming, you may need to ask what the definition of a religion is.

Reactions: st97
Kind of like the Democrat lie about Obamacare ( if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period.). it was a conspiracy that got dumb ass people to back their policy

The main ingredient of a good conspiracy theory is that it can't be or is near impossible to disprove. Obviously, it can't have been proven as fact either to be a theory. The problem many conspiracy theories face is that the conspirators must execute the crime or whatever it is to an impossibly perfect degree.

Lies are disprovable.

As much as I hate it, the "US didn't land on the moon and the video was produced by Stanley Kubrick" have a solid conspiracy theory because it can't be disproven, especially since the Moon and Earth are geochemically similar.

OP was talking about conspiracy theories and not conspiracy (the crime), right?

The main ingredient of a good conspiracy theory is that it can't be or is near impossible to disprove. Obviously, it can't have been proven as fact either to be a theory. The problem many conspiracy theories face is that the conspirators must execute the crime or whatever it is to an impossibly perfect degree.

Lies are disprovable.

As much as I hate it, the "US didn't land on the moon and the video was produced by Stanley Kubrick" have a solid conspiracy theory because it can't be disproven, especially since the Moon and Earth are geochemically similar.
Good answer. Man made global warming is disprovable and yet so many people want to believe.

Ummm, please refer to it as "Climate Change." Global Warming failed as an accurate descriptor.

Global warming and Russian collusion are glaring conspiracy theories that we have lived with and know for a fact are complete bullshit. Add in election fraud and it’s no doubt they exist. Think of this.
We now are again a nation without a border. An election did that and it’s a man made problem for a nation. A nation without borders and no plan for illegal immigration is not a nation. We have a “Border Patrol “ that is supposed to stop illegally immigration right. What do you think would happen with your new TSA against the”proud boys” with democrat ruling in perpetuity? I see them inviting BLM and antifa to the White House and giving them federal funding while they use your new TSA to stomp out any opposition that isn’t liberal democrat. For Christ sakepeople like you have a problem with the statement of “Make America Great Again”

So....90%+ of weather/climate scientists worldwide agree we are experiencing manmade climate change but many folks on here claim it is a conspiracy. If so, it must be the most popular conspiracy in history.

Lies are disprovable.

Each claim they make can be plausibly refuted though.

So....90%+ of weather/climate scientists worldwide agree we are experiencing manmade climate change but many folks on here claim it is a conspiracy. If so, it must be the most popular conspiracy in history.
97% actually.

Like all that Antifa that stormed the Capital? Was that a lie or a conspiracy? Great question. We should ask the guy with the Viking horns. He might know.

Like all that Antifa that stormed the Capital? Was that a lie or a conspiracy? Great question. We should ask the guy with the Viking horns. He might know.
It was definitely a conspiracy. Antifa has been watching old SNL reruns.

So your logic is today’s scientists are the equivalent of 17th century doctors. What A&M department handed you a degree?
No, simply saying that I don't take all "science" as undeniable fact. 17th century doctors probably said the same things about 15th century doctors, who said the same thing about 13th century doctors, who said.... Every generation tends to think they have all the answers, but in reality when you dig down into any science, at some point we don't know and are just creating an algorithm to try to explain God's miracles. 50-100 years from now man-made global warming theories may be looked at as E=mc2, or laughed at like the flat earth. Either way I agree we should be better stewards of the earth we have.

Going back to that penultimate sentence, I'm not sure you're fully grasping the concept of proven theories.

Regardless of whether we're warming the Earth, there's already too many of us and its only going to get worse. So please go get your Bill Gates sterilization shots. 😆

Reactions: st97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT