ADVERTISEMENT

Vax threads in a crucible

Do you trust the government with your personal well-being?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
What about the government mandating that the military get vaccinated with a drug that is not fully approved by the FDA. I just got notified that 15 September is the date the mandate goes into place for the Air Force. I'm just over 2 years from retirement and this a hard decision to make.

The big tell is the fact they don’t care if a person is protected with antibodies from previous covid exposure. It’s about 35% of us, per the CDC but the authorities do not care. They demand 100% compliance.
Never mind studies that show the vaccine makes these people sicker than others as well, or that antibodies are better at protecting against the variants than the vaccine.

What about the government mandating that the military get vaccinated with a drug that is not fully approved by the FDA. I just got notified that 15 September is the date the mandate goes into place for the Air Force. I'm just over 2 years from retirement and this a hard decision to make.
Politics. Every covid question at this point can be answered this way.

You talking about the same government that fed troops around the globe Hydroxychloroquine to prevent malaria for 70 years then decided it had too many dangerous side effects to administer as a potential treatment for COVID-19?

Full FDA approval will allegedly be in a couple weeks but then people will just say that approval was forced by the government or something similar, it won't make any difference. After all this time I don't know why they would be making it mandatory know, death rates per case are lower than ever.

Reactions: Majic8Ball
They will make it mandatory because they can. The military member has little say in what we are told to do. The sad thing is the vaccine may be perfectly fine. However after the last few years it's hard to trust anything that comes out of D.C. Do I give up my retirement after 18 years of service or become a part of the live human trial for a drug that is not fully approved.

the irony here is we know what is/isn’t good for us and yet we choose poorly as often as we choose wisely.

I eat like shit and don’t exercise like I used to, even though I know better. I don’t need the government to tell me this though, I need the self discipline to be better.

They will make it mandatory because they can. The military member has little say in what we are told to do. The sad thing is the vaccine may be perfectly fine. However after the last few years it's hard to trust anything that comes out of D.C. Do I give up my retirement after 18 years of service or become a part of the live human trial for a drug that is not fully approved.
How old are you? Long term means different things to different folks. I was a huge proponent of my dad getting the vax. Not so much for myself.

I’m getting the shot or two. Don’t give a dang if anybody else is taking it or not. The Fightin’ Texas Aggies going to win if I’m here or not.

The big tell is the fact they don’t care if a person is protected with antibodies from previous covid exposure. It’s about 35% of us, per the CDC but the authorities do not care. They demand 100% compliance.
Never mind studies that show the vaccine makes these people sicker than others as well, or that antibodies are better at protecting against the variants than the vaccine.
Last part of last sentence isn’t true.

What about the idea of trusting modern medicine?

Why do you compartmentalize the decision of taking a vaccine on whether you trust the government or not?

I mean I certainly don’t trust the government on all things. It’s such a broad question. But I do trust government on some things. I mean if you didn’t trust them on some things there’s no way you could live in this country comfortably. This is not North Korea. It’s not an all or nothing proposition.

I wonder if many people just cannot handle complex and layered concepts that don’t fit nicely in a yes/no box.

Or if there’s so much anxiety over one decision that to protect yourself you have to narrow it down to one or the other because life becomes just too damn hard.

And once you decide you feel compelled to defend that decision at all costs.

What about the idea of trusting modern medicine?

Why do you compartmentalize the decision of taking a vaccine on whether you trust the government or not?

I mean I certainly don’t trust the government on all things. It’s such a broad question. But I do trust government on some things. I mean if you didn’t trust them on some things there’s no way you could live in this country comfortably. This is not North Korea. It’s not an all or nothing proposition.

I wonder if many people just cannot handle complex and layered concepts that don’t fit nicely in a yes/no box.

Or if there’s so much anxiety over one decision that to protect yourself you have to narrow it down to one or the other because life becomes just too damn hard.

And once you decide you feel compelled to defend that decision at all costs.
Simple answer to a long question: the gov is the one that’s going to mandate it.
As an aside, science means hearing all opinions. Just FYI

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT