ADVERTISEMENT

Tuition for Undocumented College Students

Why do we call them migrants? Do they want to be Americans? Do they want to stay in this country for the rest of their lives? Do they want to do everything to support our country, like obeying our laws? A true immigrant is someone we are able to verify who they are and if they are able support themselves.

GTFO w/ off topic shit. Pivoting is for the weak.

I said migrants helped build Texas and the USA to the great heights we’ve attained in my lifetime.

And I’m right.
No. You’re not if you’re talking about illegals which is what this thread topic is about.

Are you just generally talking about migrants now? Out of nowhere we are discussing migrants?

Try to stay on point.

And I notice you didn’t address anything in my post. But now you’re banging the table about migrants. Give me a break.

For the pro open boarders guys, how many people do you think the US can support living here and maintain the same quality of living? How many people in Texas?

Can we agree that there is a finite amount of resources and eventually a max carrying capacity?

Reactions: clayber and BDB99
For the pro open boarders guys, how many people do you think the US can support living here and maintain the same quality of living? How many people in Texas?

Can we agree that there is a finite amount of resources and eventually a max carrying capacity?
By the end of Biden’s term we will have anywhere from 45-50 million illegal aliens in our country. That’s not remotely sustainable. The surge we are about to see is going to be unsustainable for an already strained supply chain. The human suffering due to democrat immorality is going to be staggering. The poor children that are being sex trafficked is going to be staggering but you will not hear a peep. I’ve got friends who are investigators and people who work with NCMEC and it’s heartbreaking what these poor people are being subjected to and our government seems to be fueling a grotesque form of slavery. That’s what democrats voted for and stole an election for.

No. You’re not if you’re talking about illegals which is what this thread topic is about.

Are you just generally talking about migrants now? Out of nowhere we are discussing migrants?

Try to stay on point.
Migrants just means everyone. Illegal and legal, you doof.

Meanwhile started complaining about Mexico. Well, let me know if you’ve figured out a way to move Mexico further away from the USA.

Oh, and Happy Easter

Migrants just means everyone. Illegal and legal, you doof.

Meanwhile started complaining about Mexico. Well, let me know if you’ve figured out a way to move Mexico further away from the USA.

Oh, and Happy Easter
I know what migrant means, you wingnut. That’s my point. Why are you talking about migrants? You’re trying to conflate the argument as usual because you can’t win the current debate regarding ILLEGAL immigrants. So, you start talking about “migrants”. It’s typical of you on the left. Can’t win the argument so try to conflate and distract and create straw men. We can all see what you’re trying to do. I see you choose not to address any of the points I made in my previous post. Rape, human trafficking, drugs, etc. All of those things are fine by you on the left as long as you can get more voters by any means possible.
Enjoy Easter with your family. I’m in South Texas just finished lunch with my mother and my family members who deal with these things everyday.

Reactions: ITS BK
My best friend, an Aggie, is the son of legal immigrants. He is the staunchest opponent to illegal immigration I know. In fact, I can’t name you any legal immigrants I know that have become citizens that favor illegal aliens breaking the law and stealing the benefits they do, when they put in the effort for years doing it the right way. Makes me seriously question your claim.
I have tons of respect for people who immigrate legally.

Great point. Never thought about that.

Or it was sarcasm that would be easy to recognize if you read before that instead of just the headline.
You said no one is paying their fair share, whatever that is, given the national debt. When the reality is many people are giving about a third of the working year to the government. But it us true that about half the US pays no income tax. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/03/25...paid-no-federal-income-tax-in-2021-study.html

Reactions: slgilmore
I know what migrant means, you wingnut. That’s my point. Why are you talking about migrants? You’re trying to conflate the argument as usual because you can’t win the current debate regarding ILLEGAL immigrants. So, you start talking about “migrants”. It’s typical of you on the left. Can’t win the argument so try to conflate and distract and create straw men. We can all see what you’re trying to do. I see you choose not to address any of the points I made in my previous post. Rape, human trafficking, drugs, etc. All of those things are fine by you on the left as long as you can get more voters by any means possible.
Enjoy Easter with your family. I’m in South Texas just finished lunch with my mother and my family members who deal with these things everyday.
Because my point was relevant to overall migration. I’ve never lost an argument.

I did address your irrelevant points. They’re all associated with Mexico. I told you Mexico isn’t going anywhere. So drugs will be around. Rape happens by Americans every day.

I was born and raised in South Texas. Somehow illegal immigrants didn’t prevent me from much success. I must be special.

Because my point was relevant to overall migration. I’ve never lost an argument.

I did address your irrelevant points. They’re all associated with Mexico. I told you Mexico isn’t going anywhere. So drugs will be around. Rape happens by Americans every day.

I was born and raised in South Texas. Somehow illegal immigrants didn’t prevent me from much success. I must be special.
Dumb

Also, undocumented is just another language change to soften what it is. Illegal. Next time you get pulled over without insurance or a license just tell them it’s undocumented and see how well it works for you.

Reactions: QuickDrawMcGraw77
The over focus on words tells me you buy propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

I’ll take your insults knowing I’m not sheep.

Reactions: bioaggie
GTFO w/ off topic shit. Pivoting is for the weak.

I said migrants helped build Texas and the USA to the great heights we’ve attained in my lifetime.

And I’m right.
I agree that immigrants help build our economy. I have NO PROBLEM with immigrants. When you have over a million a year trying to come into this country ILLEGALLY, I have a problem with that. If the system is too hard, expensive or whatever reason they dont try to come here legally, then the system needs to be fixed. Last, I have a problem with the Natural Born citizen law. Its not just the people south of our border taking advantage of it. Russia and China is doing it big time. They need to do away with that law.

I’m not sheep.
the people you vote with are trying to grenade their primary social media platform because someone threatened to take it over and implement free and open speech.

They’re also incapable of articulating the logic behind their voting habits without mentioning the last guy.

Last edited:
The reality of it is, our country has a carrying capacity. We allow more legal immigration that any other country in the world - which is fantastic.

But people from all over the world are delayed or denied because our neighbors to the south don’t respect our borders or our laws.

Mexico isn’t a poor county by world standards. It’s unfair that people working the proper channels can’t come here because we refuse to secure our border.

I agree that immigrants help build our economy. I have NO PROBLEM with immigrants. When you have over a million a year trying to come into this country ILLEGALLY, I have a problem with that. If the system is too hard, expensive or whatever reason they dont try to come here legally, then the system needs to be fixed. Last, I have a problem with the Natural Born citizen law. Its not just the people south of our border taking advantage of it. Russia and China is doing it big time. They need to do away with that law.
So if, for example, my parents came from Germany legally but never became citizens, thereafter I was born and lived my life here, I should be a citizen of zero countries? Cuz Germany isn’t an option.

Tax me but don’t let me vote? I feel like we had a saying about that a couple hundred years ago that was catchy. Can’t put my finger on it.

the people you vote with are trying to grenade their primary social media platform because someone threatened to take it over and implement free and open speech.

They’re also incapable of articulating the logic behind their voting habits without mentioning the last guy.
Do you really want me to reference all the dumb shit your party is peddling while the base eats it up as gospel

So if, for example, my parents came from Germany legally but never became citizens, thereafter I was born and lived my life here, I should be a citizen of zero countries? Cuz Germany isn’t an option.

Tax me but don’t let me vote? I feel like we had a saying about that a couple hundred years ago that was catchy. Can’t put my finger on it.
Except the people then were legal.

Do you really want me to reference all the dumb shit your party is peddling while the base eats it up as gospel
I was just pointing out that you are very much a sheep.

Given the recent revelations about hunter biden and any number of other supposed Russian meddling scenarios, Im not sure that’s a game you want to play.

I was just pointing out that you are very much a sheep.

Given the recent revelations about hunter biden and any number of other supposed Russian meddling scenarios, Im not sure that’s a game you want to play.
Much longer and more egregious list in recent years on the Republican side.

on-this-sheep-scale-how-do-you-feel-today.png

• Haha
Reactions: darterbury

I guess I should have explained it better. The National Born Citizen is out of date. If I am not mistaken, that law was put in place so that people that were brought here as slave that their children were automatically citizens. If they came here legally, they were given citizenship. When my great grandparents came here from Germany, I think they were given citizenship because they came here legally. My grandfather came with them as a little boy, and I know he owned land and held a public office. So, I would think he was a citizen of the US. When he came here with his parent, I would think that was when he got the citizenship along with his parents. In any case, I say today it is out of date. People are taking advantage of this law.
My daughter worked at the Methodist hospital in San Antinio about 20 yrs ago. Young girls south of the border would cross the border and have a baby. The baby automatically became a US citizen that qualified for all the benefits. They got housing, food stamps, and free medical. There is a community in Florida where women in Russia and China come here to have babies just to take advantage of that law.
I think I know the say. It was something like this "We want your poor hungry" or something like that. As you said, it was a couple hundred years ago. I think they meant to do it legally and not break any of our laws. Today, it is a law to come here. Time has changed which makes this saying out of date or misleading to those who want to use that saying as a way of welcoming people here that today breaks our laws; whereas, back then there were no laws broken.

It's also quite disingenuous to expect the immigration system from pre-WWI to be the same when there was no social welfare system whatsoever at the time. The exponential growth of the welfare state since the New Deal and the Great Society in the 60's is wholly incompatible with a virtual "open door" immigration policy. And even then, when immigrants came through Ellis Island (among other ports of entry) they had to be able to prove the wouldn't be a burden on society.

• Love
Reactions: FbFan222 and big_ag
It's also quite disingenuous to expect the immigration system from pre-WWI to be the same when there was no social welfare system whatsoever at the time. The exponential growth of the welfare state since the New Deal and the Great Society in the 60's is wholly incompatible with a virtual "open door" immigration policy. And even then, when immigrants came through Ellis Island (among other ports of entry) they had to be able to prove the wouldn't be a burden on society.

This is the answer. Kill all of the social programs and then you’re free to open the flood gates.

If there’s no free housing, food, healthcare, etc - then people can come and work if they have a skill we need. If not, they won’t come. Problem solved.

Reactions: FbFan222
This is the answer. Kill all of the social programs and then you’re free to open the flood gates.

If there’s no free housing, food, healthcare, etc - then people can come and work if they have a skill we need. If not, they won’t come. Problem solved.
No social programs means that serving the less fortunate falls completely on the Church. Meeting those needs and coordinating the effort is going to be tough when the Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, and ESPECIALLY CoC all try to take control.
We are going to have to start pumping more into the collection plate on Sundays.

Government social programs is a way to let the pagans participate in the blessing of serving.

ADVERTISEMENT