TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
For all your home, car, and life insurance needs, contact our sponsor:

Phone: 281-971-3362

Email: paul@westhoustonsf.com

A&M's QB search could be shifting

The list of official visitors coming in this afternoon weekend is pretty small, but one unofficial visitor is becoming increasingly important. Dripping Springs 4-star QB and Baylor commit Austin Novosad will be visiting, and this could be important. Pittsburgh, Calif. QB Jaden Rashada is making his pick Sunday, and I (and a lot of other people) believe he will pick Miami. That leaves 5-star Dante Moore, who will be tough to pry out of the Midwest. So that brings us to Novosad.
When I talked to him at the Rivals camp in April, he told me the Aggies had interest, but there were a couple of other avenues they wanted to explore before they went after him. It seemed kind of cold to me, but he wasn't fazed by it. Rashada and Moore sure seem like they were those avenues, and with one likely off the board as of Sunday (A&M probably already knows what's up there), they're going to get in on Novosad.
I watched him at the camp and he brings a lot to the party. He's got good height, a strong arm and he's accurate. Those of you making Zach Calzada comparisons can stop -- his arm isn't that strong, and he's got a much better idea of where the ball's going.
For those of you upset and frustrated about this development, all I can say is that Ohio State is cleaning house at wideout in this class and they want Novosad to be the guy throwing the ball to them.

First LB commit coming?
One of the kings of the camp circuit has been Katy Paetow’s Daymion Sanford, who went from an overlooked 3-star to having offers from every major program in the region. The Aggies were the first in and he may well shut things down in A&M’s favor here shortly. I think that, when he gets re-evaluated, he should jump to a 4-star. I’ll certainly be looking closely if he does, indeed, commit.
BTW, he’s officialling this weekend.

He can play LB

We’ve had a late addition to the official visitors: former UNT LB KD Davis, who jumped into the portal yesterday and had immediate interest from across the nation. The Aggies are getting the first shot at him before he checks out Ole Miss.
Short version: he good. 121 tackles, 13 TFL and 5.5 sacks in a first team All-CUSA season last year. If A&M were to land him, he’d make a very good compliment to Andre White and Edgerrin Cooper while allowing the freshmen LBs more time to develop.

Love is in the air?
With the commitment of Reuben Owens to Louisville, it seemed like A&M might be a bit nervous. Maybe not, because they’re sitting in a good position with 4-star Jeremiyah Love, who visited earlier this month. Notre Dame thought they led for him, but after his visit to Aggieland, they’re pretty convinced they’re now behind.

You know where you are, right?
The popular current sentiment is that 4-star RB Cedric Baxter is now a texas lean as they’ve gone all in on him. That may be, but he won’t commit there without another look at Aggieland. He’ll be in this weekend as an unofficial visitor.

Hello there
4-star CB Malik Muhammad has visited Texas of late and set his official to A&M for late July, if I recall correctly. That doesn’t mean he will be a stranger. In fact, he’ll visit again this weekend. Got to like the frequency of visits if you’re the Aggie staff.

2 Big WRs visiting
Almost — almost! — lost in the hubbub about a QB visitors and two officials from LBs are the wideouts in town. 5-star and USC Zachariah Branch is visiting, and he would be quite the coup to land, but I think the objective is to really give him something to think about and get him back for the pool party. Think of it as how they approached Walter Nolen and Evan Stewart last year.
Rivals 250 4-star Tyler Williams is also in. At 6-5, he’s a long strider with speed. He’s considered a Georgia lean right now, but we’ve seen what they’ve done with Georgia leans.

Can A&M sting Notre Dame again?
Denton Guyer S Peyton Bowen is committed to Notre Dame, but he’s visiting unofficially this weekend. A&M was a bit late getting on the radar with him, but they’ve at least got him taking a look.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News