ADVERTISEMENT

This weekend…sigh

AggieTabi

Known Member
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2007
My friend’s husband (48) had a heart attack on Friday night, while visiting their daughter at college. This couple is that rare combination of a best friend to me, and the husband is a best friend to my husband. Our girls are best friends as well, so this news hit the whole family hard.

Saturday morning we woke up to the awful news out of Israel, and discovered that another couple-friends of ours had just arrived in country the night before.

So…much of my day Saturday was spent with an IMMENSE priority shift, as our friend underwent a heart surgery (he’s doing great!) and our other friends were stranded in Israel unable to leave. They believe they’ve got an exit strategy for tomorrow, so prayers are appreciated.

Once game time rolled around, I was emotionally spent. It was frustrating, and at times sad to watch, but once the dust settled, I couldn’t be angry. I was sad for the team, family, and fans of course. BUT, my husband and I went for a walk, met some neighbors, and I couldn’t help but be grateful.

Aggie football is gut-wrenching. We all want the win we deserve SO GREATLY. But thankfully, I was given an opportunity to count my blessings on Saturday instead. I’ll take it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News