ADVERTISEMENT

This Baseball Team...

jphillips97

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2004
I posted this on another thread, but I think it needs its own space. This is about our team and the mindset of the team & what really makes them great and special.

Over the past several days it’s become increasingly obvious that this team is what all baseball teams strive to be, “player lead”. Coaches make the small tweaks, but at this level, it’s about the players wanting something more. You really start to see it in HS ball. Good coaches push individual and team accountability & try and instill the player lead mindset. It also helps build good leaders.

This team we have is the epitome of player lead. You could see it this week as Prager and Asch wanted to come back and are pushing for a Covid year. You saw more indications of transfer portal guys wanting to stay. This all started by the leaders in the clubhouse, not coaches. You get a team like that, and you add a massive chip on their shoulders…. WOW!!! That’s something different and extremely special.

Boys, we’re about to watch something amazing happen. I’m extremely excited for my son to be at camp with this group of Aggies on June 15th. It should be a learning experience like no other!

This is all why the Early decision makes a lot of sense. He's a great recruiter and finds guys that fit the "player lead" mold. I try and instill it in my son constantly because it's so important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News