ADVERTISEMENT

The dog ate my homework. You gotta believe me!

Amazing to me that Tucker Carlson has so many viewers and sycophants.
Conmen are popular. News at 11.

Even Fox News knows what he is.

"
Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9
But Fox News argued that Carlson "cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect," the ruling said.

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

Of course a liberal rag would take the facts and twist them around in their headline to mislead their readers. Says Fox argued that CT was delivering an opinion and the judge made the statement that she did. That's her opinion.

But Fox News argued that Carlson "cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect," the ruling said.

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

Of course a liberal rag would take the facts and twist them around in their headline to mislead their readers. Says Fox argued that CT was delivering an opinion and the judge made the statement that she did. That's her opinion.
That was faster than expected.

And I did edit my post but not before you quoted so just want to give you full opportunity to discredit me.
Im not discrediting you. Trump trained you well to dismiss anything you don’t agree with as fake news.

Also, you quoted the ruling. The headline is about what Fox argued. Have you read it’s motion or the transcript of the oral arguments?

Im not discrediting you. Trump trained you well to dismiss anything you don’t agree with as fake news.

Also, you quoted the ruling. The headline is about what Fox argued. Have you read it’s motion or the transcript of the oral arguments?
I am just reading the article and what the author wrote. I am not disputing the article itself as I have not and don't chose to go any further in researching it as it is a very insignificant issue to me. What the author writes in his article does not support the headline. He/she is conflating two different statements in their article to come up with a catchy headline for you liberals to get excited about. Like I said............its what liberal rags do. It pays the bills for them.

I am just reading the article and what the author wrote. I am not disputing the article itself as I have not and don't chose to go any further in researching it as it is a very insignificant issue to me. What the author writes in his article does not support the headline. He/she is conflating two different statements in their article to come up with a catchy headline for you liberals to get excited about. Like I said............its what liberal rags do. It pays the bills for them.
I don’t disagree that the headline isn’t perfectly accurate. I disagree that tactic is somehow reserved solely for liberal publications.

What’s funny is I said I didn’t believe or care about the losers suckers story bc it was from anonymous sources. But as usual, facts aren’t really your cup of tea.

But I guess I’m a stupid ass bc you can’t remember what I said so you make whatever you want up. Seems like your brand to make up what others argue, then knock those straw men down. May need to ease up on the bourbon bud.

One quote from that thread from me...

“I said from the very beginning of this story that any story based on anonymous sources isn’t worth paying attention to. I think if your going to make these kind of accusations you have to let Trump challenge the accusers.”

the quote you reference above is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

however, you went on to say that people who discredit news (90% of which is provided with a political motivation that half of the country disagrees with) are tearing this country apart, and that the news is not telling us lies. this is outright bullshit. when i called you out on the FOIA docs discrediting facts about the story, you went on to say that the NYT was just reporting what the atlantic said (therefore basically absolving itself of any responsibility of information provided in its own article). this, again, is bullshit. at the end of the day, the NYT ran with a story with no evidence, based on anonymous sources.

fast forward to today, and the shoe is on the other foot. the NYT is actively trying to discredit actual emails, text messages, and the interview with the former business partner (you know, "evidence"...if not yet in the legal sense, then at least in the common sense) in the deal. if this were trump and junior, it would be the political story of the year.

have you not watched the interview? read the emails? seen the text messages? do you think that any for-profit business would give a shit about the train wreck that is hunter biden if his dad wasn't the 2nd most powerful person in the world?

have you not watched the interview? read the emails? seen the text messages? do you think that any for-profit business would give a shit about the train wreck that is hunter biden if his dad wasn't the 2nd most powerful person in the world?
What point are you trying to make here? Businesses hire people based on connections all the time. Most of the emails are from after Biden was VP. And there is not a single thing yet that implicates Joe Biden (the guy running for president) did anything wrong.

i am not talking about any one specific instance. i am talking about all of it, going back to when joe was VP.

i am talking about hunter flying with joe (while VP) to china for business trips on AF2.

anyone who can look at hunter biden joining the board of a ukranian gas company in 2014 (while joe was VP), the video of joe bragging about getting the prosecutor investigating said company fired (while he was VP), the emails from executives within the gas company discussing meeting with hunter and joe (again, while VP) and think that this was all above-board simply has their head in the sand.

american officials, including those at the embassy in kyiv, even raised concerns about the arrangement directly to joe (while VP) and his staff.

to top it all off, joe's public statement is that he has never discussed overseas business dealings with hunter.

Reactions: BDB99
Just got tired of dealing with you dumb asses. I stand by what I said about NYT. They don’t purposefully publish false info.
they published the russian collusion story for 3 yrs despite all 56 witness, under oath, declare there was no evidence of Trump-russia collusion. so they do publish false narrative.

also published the leaked information from "senior white house informant" and turns out to be a kid barely able to bring water bottles to meetings.

FBI officials have confirmed laptop and emails as authentic.

yes, except for the computer, emails, and former business partner very publicly distancing himself from the "russian disinformation" claim, we have nothing.
This. There are documented emails from Hunter discussing the Biden cash for influence business deals.

?
paging @BattalionEx, I need a word that means ‘humorous retort to an ironic and unwitting self-deprecating comment’
You’re becoming angry and unhinged. There’s never a well thought out argument anymore, just anger. Reminds me of another former poster. Stay off twitter.

Is a federal criminal investigation a big deal?

Now that the election is over, the investigation is entering a new phase. Federal prosecutors in Delaware, working with the IRS Criminal Investigation agency and the FBI, are taking overt steps such as issuing subpoenas and seeking interviews, the person with knowledge said.
Activity in the investigation had gone covert in recent months due to Justice Department guidelines prohibiting overt actions that could affect an election, the person said.

LOL

US Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs report on Hunter Biden:

The records acquired by the Committees show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the former mayor of Moscow. Moreover, Archer’s apparent receipt of money for a car from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan while Vice President Biden was in Kyiv is especially concerning in light of the timing. And finally, Biden and Archer’s work with Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime illustrate the deep financial connections that accelerated while his father was vice president and continued after he left office.

The records acquired by the Committees show consistent, significant and extensive financial connections among and between Hunter Biden, James Biden, Sara Biden, Devon Archer, and Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime and PLA as well as other foreign nationals with questionable backgrounds. These connections and the vast amount of money transferred among and between them don’t just raise conflicts of interest concerns, they raise criminal financial, counterintelligence and extortion concerns. The Committees will continue to evaluate the evidence in their possession.

Last edited:
CNN October 18, 2020:

As CNN's Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter noted on "Reliable Sources" Sunday, "We are not talking about fully reliable sources here," referring to the New York Post's story.

"This is a classic example of the right-wing media machine," Stelter said. "Fox and Trump have this in common: They want you to stay mad and stay tuned."

The story is a "manufactured scandal," Stelter said, meant to feed "whataboutism" -- an opportunity for the right-wing media to shift the conversation from Trump's record to Biden's.

Stelter called the Post's story "political entertainment," written by a newspaper run by Rupert Murdoch and promoted by another Murdoch property: Fox News, which Stelter called "a producer of this serialized drama."

CNN December 10, 2020:

After going quiet in the months before the election, federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden

Investigators have been examining multiple financial issues, including whether Hunter Biden and his associates violated tax and money laundering laws in business dealings in foreign countries, principally China

The investigation began as early as 2018

..Hunter Biden "and his associates"..

You ****ing dumbasses elected a gawddam treasonous felon to be your poster child president

Reactions: darterbury
CNN april 12, 2018:

Trump’s missiles will not fix Syria

So the question that needs asking – and to which as yet there has been no answer – is this: what could further military action achieve and what would be the end goal of such action?

CNN february 26, 2021:

Biden sends a message to Iran, but with a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer

The strikes near Abu Kamal in Syria are a small signal that the Biden administration is not gun-shy, and that attacks on US personnel have consequences.

…the 51 former “intelligence” officials who cast doubt on The Post’s Hunter Biden laptop stories in a public letter really were just desperate to get Joe Biden elected president. And more than a year later, even after their Deep State sabotage has been shown again and again to be a lie, they refuse to own up to how they undermined an election.

Y’all will believe this no matter what. Blind guy working on computers from people living thousands of miles away who happens to be buddies with the presidents personal idiot lawyer and the computer owners dont ever go retrieve their computers... yeah, all sounds about right. And all published in a tabloid owned by Rupert Murdock.

But whatever. You believe it so you guys can all stroke each other off in your outrage.
Oof

• Haha
Reactions: BDB99
Just got tired of dealing with you dumb asses. I stand by what I said about NYT. They don’t purposefully publish false info.
LOL

Damn Trump and his conspiracies....that eventually turn out to be true. Shall we have an honest look at the 2020 election next so he can go 3 for 3 (Russia collusion and Hunter's laptop)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT