ADVERTISEMENT

thank you - for taking him off our hands... from an FSU Golden Chief

archon95

New or Lurking
Oct 18, 2002
So I'm working from home today... I'm an FSU booster (GC) and thought I leave a post here

So I went turkey hunting with Coach Fisher last year. He's a great father... Ill end it there. He's pretty self absorbed, and I believe burnt out. I was asked about all sorts of nuggets when I got back from my trip with Coach Fisher. My synopsis was, "I could tell you 3 things. 1) He loves his kids 2) He hates Hugh Freeze 3) I think he has 4-5 years left max coaching. If it weren't for the divorce and the need to raise $$ for his kids treatments, he would be retired to a cabin to hunt and fish all day...."

FSU has finished with top 5 classes every year... but since 2015, aside from a flukish Orange Bowl, that FSU backed into, we don't have really a single quality win in the last 3 years. (talk all you want of the record over UM and UF, but both have been crap most of the time) -and this is with a roster full of a who's who of 4 and 5 star talent. We lost 35-3 to BC this year... BC!!! FSU has 4 guys on defense that are still projected to be 1st round picks. We gave up 18... 18!! tackles for loss vs WF. We didn't have a two score lead against a single team until we played Syracuse. We were crap last year too... were it not for Dalvin Cook we'd probably have been 6-6 too. Go back and watch games like the FSU-GT game in 2015, the FSU-Houston Peach Bowl, The 2011 FSU-UVA or WF games, the 2016 FSU vs Louisville or UNC games. Your eyes will roll back in your head. Really you canned a coach that went 7-5 this year for one that went 5-6 (3 and 5 in the ACC - wins over DUKE/WF/SYR! 10-10 in his last 20 ACC games btw). We were married to Jimbo and couldn't fire him (35mm buyout). Aside from the Jameis years, his tenure has been if you were giving a grade - B/B+. Yeah I know he recruited Jameis - no he didn't actually... Deyeamune Craig did. Jimbo is great salesman. He will get you some recruits, but you guys already recruit well. I will make these predications 1) Jimbo will not finish out the length of this contract - he'll quit or you will fire him 2) someone will get fired for wasting 75mm on him. This was truly an amateur move, and a terrible trade for you.

This was a year where Jimbo was going to have to can essentially his ENTIRE staff (the staff he chose, and fought for raises and new contracts for)... so a full clean house, free of charge courtesy of you guys? Count me as a huge Aggie Fan... B/C we owe you.... HUGE!!!!

Last edited:
I agree Jimbo is not as good of a coach as people make him out to be. Basically just out talented people at FSU. Be harder to do against bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Florida

Thank you. A & M. Will take the chance on him

I am an Auburn fan and I have always had the same opinion of him. He basically started his career as an assistant coach at Auburn

I'm not going to trash him. He made our program relevant again eight years ago when we were facing a reality of falling into the abyss. He is a master recruiter, very detail oriented and an extremely hard worker. I wish this thing would have gone down better than it did as it will tarnish his image in Tallahassee. But that's behind him now and I suspect he couldn't care less about that anyway. I expect he will make A&M a major power in the SEC in fairly short order. Whether he can get you a coveted title or not remains to be seen. Good luck to he and his family.

Reactions: wick
I'm not going to trash him. He made our program relevant again eight years ago when we were facing a reality of falling into the abyss. He is a master recruiter, very detail oriented and an extremely hard worker. I wish this thing would have gone down better than it did as it will tarnish his image in Tallahassee. But that's behind him now and I suspect he couldn't care less about that anyway. I expect he will make A&M a major power in the SEC in fairly short order. Whether he can get you a coveted title or not remains to be seen. Good luck to he and his family.

Funny thing is Jimbo will now coach in SEC West. He will never contend for the West title much less an SEC title. And TAM plays Clemson next 2 years in a row. I am sure Dabo blows him out again. 3-4 years he will be gone.

JF lied to FSU players & fans all season! Good riddance. Very unethical man.

Funny thing is Jimbo will now coach in SEC West. He will never contend for the West title much less an SEC title. And TAM plays Clemson next 2 years in a row. I am sure Dabo blows him out again. 3-4 years he will be gone.

Either way, we reset the commitment to football budget. Easier to attract the next top tier coach. You FSU guys are providing that little extra fire in the belly to get Jimbo motivated for his inaugural season. No hard feelings Noles. Ags wish you well! (The rest of your predictions remain to be seen)

Reactions: NebNoles
Look at all the new/lurkers coming to talk trash about Fisher. :D

Its not trash it is true. I have followed FSU for 40 years. I have met Jimbo many times and much has changed in the last 24 years. Look at him this year and compare to videos 5 years ago. He will lay your foundation for the next guy but I guarantee you he is not the guy . No trash. I am tickled pink he is gone and hopefully we get Tagg or in my dream Frost

For your sake, I hope part of the agreement is that Jimbo will NOT be bringing certain assistants with him. You definitely need to keep Chavis.

Not really trash for any Tamu fan watching social media... You really think FSU fans are upset that he left? We are upset bc of the WAY he left (including losing us 3 recruits wed.) allowing a fan to be pushed out of a conference for asking a question? As for the numbers? They are what they are, we aren’t lying to you lol. Anyone that has watched an fsu game can see without Jameis he wasn’t all that great. We are here more wishing your school good luck and thanking you for taking the problem off our hands.

I won't come here and bash Coach Fisher, there is really no need but trust me Noles everywhere are rejoicing at the fact he is gone. He's going to win you a bunch of games but him and his agent are going to milk you dry just watch. It's going to be every year he's going to have these demands. Congrats let's just say both schools have a reason to celebrate!

Oh for God's sake, he had all world talent in the "Worlds Tallest Midget League" and still couldn't win. FSU's biggest mistake ever made was joining the ACC. It was all downhill from there. Must have been very tough playing the likes of Duke, Weak Florist, Virginia, Syracuse, Maryland, UNC every single week. Talk about a BRUTAL schedule.........rolling my eyes. Jimbo and the ACC is a joke.

Oh for God's sake, he had all world talent in the "Worlds Tallest Midget League" and still couldn't win. FSU's biggest mistake ever made was joining the ACC. It was all downhill from there. Must have been very tough playing the likes of Duke, Weak Florist, Virginia, Syracuse, Maryland, UNC every single week. Talk about a BRUTAL schedule.........rolling my eyes. Jimbo and the ACC is a joke.
You realize the ACC has faired pretty well against the SEC recently right?

Reactions: seabass4592
You're welcome
I won't come here and bash Coach Fisher, there is really no need but trust me Noles everywhere are rejoicing at the fact he is gone. He's going to win you a bunch of games but him and his agent are going to milk you dry just watch. It's going to be every year he's going to have these demands. Congrats let's just say both schools have a reason to celebrate!
Dude, THIS is Texas A&M. Home of the Fighting Texas Aggies. Come on over to College Station and see our campus and facilities. We will welcome you with a warm hospitality like you’ve never seen.

Jimbo will not have to milk us dry because we have already built one of the greatest institutions with the best facilities in the country.

Our leaders chose to join the greatest conference six years ago knowing that it was and is TAMU’s time to shine and be champions.

We Aggies (The 12th Man) fully understand that winning a championship is difficult, so no matter how many negative posts all of you naysayers add to our AggieYELL site regarding coach Fisher, you will not dampen the Aggie spirit. We are proud of our administration for going out and hiring a championship coach.

Come back to our site in two years and unload, but jeez, let us celebrate.

Rejoice to yourself.

Reactions: BlacktieNole
You're welcome

Dude, THIS is Texas A&M. Home of the Fighting Texas Aggies. Come on over to College Station and see our campus and facilities. We will welcome you with a warm hospitality like you’ve never seen.

Jimbo will not have to milk us dry because we have already built one of the greatest institutions with the best facilities in the country.

Our leaders chose to join the greatest conference six years ago knowing that it was and is TAMU’s time to shine and be champions.

We Aggies (The 12th Man) fully understand that winning a championship is difficult, so no matter how many negative posts all of you naysayers add to our AggieYELL site regarding coach Fisher, you will not dampen the Aggie spirit. We are proud of our administration for going out and hiring a championship coach.

Come back to our site in two years and unload, but jeez, let us celebrate.

Rejoice to yourself.

All I'm really saying is congrats. We're just glad he's gone and I'm just being honest

Reactions: Boerne23
Lifelong Nole here, coming to congratulate y'all on making one hell of a strong move. I love college football and clearly you do also.

I think this could be be a win-win-win (good for A&M, good for FSU, and good for Jimbo) and that's what I'm hoping for.

I've been disappointed in Jimbo and worried about him for a couple of years now - the wheels really do seem to have come off, and the timing could be traceable to his wife having an ugly affair and the divorce that followed. Tough for such a prideful man to swallow, and he hasn't seemed the same since.

That said, it could be that the divorce was just another symptom of the way Jimbo seems to have changed - we will likely never know, and it's not really our business.

Whatever is going on with him, a change of scenery seems like a VERY good idea and I wish him and you guys nothing but the best.

He is going to recruit some elite players to College Station and you will enjoy his photographic memory when it comes to talking sports - ALL sports. He is very very intelligent and perhaps the best evaluator of talent I've ever seen - things like signing unheralded high school WR Xavier Rhodes and saying to the media "You guys see a 2-star wide receiver, I see a 5-star corner" - and now Rhodes an all-pro corner for the Vikings.

It's been a bizarre year for FSU football, from games being moved around because of hurricanes and falling from a #3 preseason ranking to losing to Boston College by 32 and then 5 weeks later losing our coach to the 4th-best program in the SEC West : )

That last part will change, rather quickly I expect - enjoy the ride : )

Reactions: davidimy and wick
Lifelong Nole here, coming to congratulate y'all on making one hell of a strong move. I love college football and clearly you do also.

I think this could be be a win-win-win (good for A&M, good for FSU, and good for Jimbo) and that's what I'm hoping for.

I've been disappointed in Jimbo and worried about him for a couple of years now - the wheels really do seem to have come off, and the timing could be traceable to his wife having an ugly affair and the divorce that followed. Tough for such a prideful man to swallow, and he hasn't seemed the same since.

That said, it could be that the divorce was just another symptom of the way Jimbo seems to have changed - we will likely never know, and it's not really our business.

Whatever is going on with him, a change of scenery seems like a VERY good idea and I wish him and you guys nothing but the best.

He is going to recruit some elite players to College Station and you will enjoy his photographic memory when it comes to talking sports - ALL sports. He is very very intelligent and perhaps the best evaluator of talent I've ever seen - things like signing unheralded high school WR Xavier Rhodes and saying to the media "You guys see a 2-star wide receiver, I see a 5-star corner" - and now Rhodes an all-pro corner for the Vikings.

It's been a bizarre year for FSU football, from games being moved around because of hurricanes and falling from a #3 preseason ranking to losing to Boston College by 32 and then 5 weeks later losing our coach to the 4th-best program in the SEC West : )

That last part will change, rather quickly I expect - enjoy the ride : )

Thanks! We are tired of being 4th in the SEC after 6 years. Maybe the new scenery will help Coach Fisher renew his passion.

Good luck to FSU.

Hopefully someday, we can settle our competitiveness on the field in a good old fashion smash-mouth game.

the crazy thing to me is Aggie guaranteed all 75 million of his salary. If he bombs out for whatever reason, Aggie will have to keep him 6 or 7 year anyway. Even Aggie can't afford to just eat 50 million dollars

Beat Auburn for the national title. What conference are they in? And your last natty?? Can’t talk smack til you’ve won something. ANYTHING

Reactions: seabass4592
The ADs need to get together and make a home and home between FSU TAMU. Didn't get a chance to go to College Station last time. Let's see who came out on top.

All I know is before Fisher took over, FSU had become totally irrelevant. A couple of years later they are NC's or in contention every year. I understand FSU fans being upset he left. It would be upsetting to anyone to lose such a coach. We will very happily take him off your hands. :)

Reactions: Boerne23
All I know is before Fisher took over, FSU had become totally irrelevant. A couple of years later they are NC's or in contention every year. I understand FSU fans being upset he left. It would be upsetting to anyone to lose such a coach. We will very happily take him off your hands. :)
too bad for you Gene Chizik set the standard for a tailspin after riding the coattails of a star qb to the natl title - that you are blind to his underperformance... Both Jimmy Sexton and Jameis Winston are probably owed a commission from his new deal. 26-10 before Jameis 24-13 after Jameis... someone at your school will get canned for signing off on this deal. No two easier things are more easily separated than a fool and his money. The honeymoon here will be short... Thanks for bailing us out.

Maybe he does well, maybe he doesn't. All I know is that every year since 2014 I've had to eat crow when FSU was out of the NC hunt early into the season and our worst losses ever came from Fisher (2014 Rose Bowl, 2016 Louisville, 2017 BC). Maybe it was a sign of his personal life getting out of control and this reset will be what he needs...IDK. I do know that when the wheels were coming off earlier in the season, Warchant users were more concerned with the $40 million buyout than whether he could right the ship. Hopefully this will be win-win but I think A&M will ultimately regret this hire.

Final Top 25 wins:
2015 - UF (25)
2016 - UF (17), Mich (6) (both vastly over-rated and UM had it's best, game changing player out for draft protection)
2017 - None

Last edited:
Check your facts, the ACC has been stronger than the SEC for the last 3 years!

too bad for you Gene Chizik set the standard for a tailspin after riding the coattails of a star qb to the natl title - that you are blind to his underperformance... Both Jimmy Sexton and Jameis Winston are probably owed a commission from his new deal. 26-10 before Jameis 24-13 after Jameis... someone at your school will get canned for signing off on this deal. No two easier things are more easily separated than a fool and his money. The honeymoon here will be short... Thanks for bailing us out.
FSU would have done anything they could to keep Fisher, period. As your AD said, they simply couldn't compete. Maybe after the new ACC tv contract in a couple of years, maybe. Fisher felt Clemson and others had blown past FSU's facilities. That is simply the truth and everyone knows it. FSU is a fine and proud institution, please show some dignity.

Check your facts, the ACC has been stronger than the SEC for the last 3 years!
The ACC is certainly not better than the SEC this year.

Bama beat FSU even when Deondre Francois was healthy. Georgia beat Georgia Tech on Tech's home field. Miami beat no one except a three loss Notre Dame team at home

FSU would have done anything they could to keep Fisher, period. As your AD said, they simply couldn't compete. Maybe after the new ACC tv contract in a couple of years, maybe. Fisher felt Clemson and others had blown past FSU's facilities. That is simply the truth and everyone knows it. FSU is a fine and proud institution, please show some dignity.
We did not believe he was worth $7.5M for 10 years. He doesn't bring that kind of value.

The facilities thing is way overblown. The only facility in question was the stand alone football facility. All other facilities were recently remodeled or brand-new.

No dog in the fight but I would bet you this:

Which coach do you think will have the best W/L record in the next year or two or three.............Jimbo Fisher or Willie Taggart?

I will bet on Willie for each and every year.

Up tempo, RPO, power football with lethal speed and an absolute killer defense. Yep, I'll take Willie every time over Jimbo's old school and predictable approach.

Talent wise, FSU has had the best defense in the nation the past couple of years. Coaching wise, it has been poor, very poor. Same might be said for the offense to a slightly lesser extent.

In 2018 TAMU will lose to:

Clemson
Bama
South Carolina
Miss. St.
Auburn
LSU

Last edited:
Not gong to say anything bad about Jimbo, he left us better than he found us. If he can get a Jameis Winston like, first pick in the NFL like talent and others smart to run THE PROCESS” he preaches, he will win you an NC. If not, it’s like watching paint dry, losing games you should not and listening to the same tired clichés- we weee inches away, let me watch the film first, jumping around doing some things, GREAT WEEK OF PRACTICE. It was time for him to leave FSU, message was tired and players did not buy it anymore. He will have fresh ears and a lot of hope with a new team, going to interesting to watch. If he had another losing season with the talent we have , we were stuck with his 40 million buy out. Like I said, time for a change and good move for both, potentially. Our new coach seems like anperfect for what our fans want- we will see, but I’m buying on WT and over JF. Good luck.

We did not want to compete with stupid money and wanted out of his stupid 40 million buy out. He had a top 3 talent team and a losing season and wanted ANOTHER raise. No. I think it’s best he made a change and we did too. Thank you very much and good luck.

Reactions: Tomahwkn1
We did not believe he was worth $7.5M for 10 years. He doesn't bring that kind of value.

The facilities thing is way overblown. The only facility in question was the stand alone football facility. All other facilities were recently remodeled or brand-new.
This seems to be a Nole "feel better" thread. I understand, anyone would feel resentful if our coach were taken by another school. Jumbo left FSU far, far better than he found it. If Noles fans wish to ignore this apparent fact or not give him credit so be it. A&M is very fortunate to have so many very wealthy committed former students that allow for its world class facilities across the board (athletic and otherwise). Some day you all should tour the campus! It seems you are happy to be rid of him and we are happy to have him. Everyone is happy.

Last edited:
Jimbo brought us out of the down years of Bobby Bowden and really improved our program.

However if you look at the wins & losses over the past 4 years we have been declining every year. He lost his mojo.

His contract for 10 years is not good for you. He doesn’t have to win one game and still is guaranteed $75M. He runs a very complicated offensive scheme. Some players catch on but most don’t.

He is really rough on QBs. He gets in their face almost after every play. They better have some thick skin.

Reactions: NebNoles
A guaranteed mega salary and buy out is a prescription and incentive to lose.

Just ask Charlie Weis (Notre Dame, Florida, Kansas) or Arod (Texas Rangers, etc.) Good luck winning the SEC West.

Have fun listening to his process and fighting for inches. And God forbid if your press dare questions his arrogance.

Reactions: Tomahwkn1
When Jimbo’s on your side, you overlook a lot. He’s a great talent evaluator & recruiter (apparently he QUIT recruiting for FSU months ago). He brings in talent and gets them to the league.

He smiles nicely, tells stories, speaks super fast coach-speak (lots of words, not a lot of true meaning). He’ll make most people feel like why’re his best friend. He’ll make recruits feel good.

He’ll frustrate fans with a molasses paced offense. The OL needs to be spectacular and so does the QB. That’s what makes everything go. Somehow everyone says the offense is incredibly difficult to learn, but defenses claim it’s easy to defend (NCS this year said it, OU said it years back - “they run 3 plays”)

Defensively he wants to defend the spread at all costs.

My complaint the last few seasons is that he doesn’t seem to have a feel for the game - he knows all the stats and what he *should* do based on circumstances and history. But sometimes he just ignores going for it on 4th, or kicking a FG from the 33 (2012 NCS game, we gave up a 16 point 2nd half lead. We had a 50 yard fg and a kicker with a 55+ range, easily. We punted. We lost).

He abandons the run for a pass game that isn’t working. His refusal to let an OC be an OC has been a headache for us for years.

When he puts it all together and the team has all the pieces, you saw what we did in 2013. That was an incredible run. Incredible. Maybe lightening strikes twice. I have my doubts, but don’t want to rain on your parade.

Another aspect that’s ignored: the Noles’ team GPA is AWFUL. I believe worst in P5. That’s embarrassing and something that should be known. Somehow it’s been kept under wraps.

Apologies for the randomness of my post; I’m just spitballing. His kids are awesome, he loves his players when he’s not checked out. He’ll fight for his coaches (even if they’re underachieving massively).

He has everything he asked for. It’s all up to him now to prove facilities make the program. I’ll leave with this: I respect the Aggies - I liked Leland McElroy way back. Always root for you guys in your division games. But I don’t like your coach much lately, and that was before I knew he checked out on us and his players months ago. I hope he builds you up, someone else buys him, and you win as a result of the foundation he helped pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT