ADVERTISEMENT

Should we leave Adidas?

Missed it. Was this a commercial travster and chandler would enjoy?

I can’t imagine they’d be for women losing their spots on sports teams to men. Compassionate to the men but not to the hard working women.

Reactions: jram
I don’t understand why all these companies are pandering to 0.6% of the population. They are clearly pissing off a higher percentage than they are making happy.

Because they know we don’t really care and it will pander to those that really do. If everyone that thought men pretending to be women shouldn’t play in womens sports boycotted Adidas they’d knock it off. It isn’t the .6. It’s the 30% who absolutely go insane if you don’t follow their ideology.

We should def not move to Nike. They have a hierarchy that we would fit between 2-3 on and that says nothing about NC, Oregon that are on their own level. We would be an after thought.

That said, Adidas needs to give a F about college sports/sponsorships again vs what is going on now

Also, unless it’s changed in the last 4 years, 70% of NB units are made abroad. It’s the high end that’s made here and they don’t do Olympic sports. Not really an option outside baseball, training, running

Was joking about New Balance.
I assumed. It’s wild how those old man shoes became cool again!

Come by the tailgate next year and I’ll explain the details on Nike. My buddies just confirmed we would be 2B tier. Not ideal other than our shoes

If it’s a big enough game, maybe the Adi guys will be there to ask yourself

Reactions: catorano
I don’t understand why all these companies are pandering to 0.6% of the population. They are clearly pissing off a higher percentage than they are making happy.
I’ll take who is not just about running a shoe company but about doing their assigned task in the project to dismantle society as we have known it so our munificent Technocratic Overlords can Build Back Better for $100, Alex

Reactions: BC93
What about Under Armor? Auburn is probably their best contract, currently.

Besides, Adidas is a German company.

They are out of the sponsorship game overall (see MLB and UCLA stories), but may come back eventually. They had to spend a lot of money rebuilding their team after some of Plank’s Maryland bros almost ran it into the ground.

I’m pretty sure transsexual people have been around forever. We dealt with them by dehumanizing them and murdering them a a lot

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AggieTom2000
Because they know we don’t really care and it will pander to those that really do. If everyone that thought men pretending to be women shouldn’t play in womens sports boycotted Adidas they’d knock it off. It isn’t the .6. It’s the 30% who absolutely go insane if you don’t follow their ideology.

atrocious uniforms for the most part

I’m pretty sure transsexual people have been around forever. We dealt with them by dehumanizing them and murdering the a alot
its not right that people were harassed for it. Its not right that a man wanted to be a woman either.

I assumed. It’s wild how those old man shoes became cool again!

Come by the tailgate next year and I’ll explain the details on Nike. My buddies just confirmed we would be 2B tier. Not ideal other than our shoes

If it’s a big enough game, maybe the Adi guys will be there to ask yourself
They make the best shoes.

Was joking about New Balance.

Speaking of New Balance though, when did they become the "IT" shoes for baseball?

I started wearing New Balance in the late-90s when at A&M. It seemed like that the frat guy uniform (of which I was one) for when it was too damn hot for jeans or khakis and Red Wings was New Balance trail running shoes, no-show socks, ratty-ass khaki shorts (holes & frayed edges a plus), Polo shirt, and absolutely filthy hat with the brim curved about like a horse shoe. Flip flops were omnipresent too but kind of sucked if you had to walk all the way across campus.

Then a few years ago when my oldest started playing select baseball it seemed like every damn kid out there at all levels, on up into college ball, and even MLB was wearing New Balance baseball cleats or turf shoes. Jose Altuve wears New Balance so maybe that's it.

Anyway, I'm a mid-40's dad now and still wear my New Balance. But never the white ones. In fact, other than being fatter, when I'm not required to do otherwise my wardrobe has barely changed since college.

Speaking of New Balance though, when did they become the "IT" shoes for baseball?

I started wearing New Balance in the late-90s when at A&M. It seemed like that the frat guy uniform (of which I was one) for when it was too damn hot for jeans or khakis and Red Wings was New Balance trail running shoes, no-show socks, ratty-ass khaki shorts (holes & frayed edges a plus), Polo shirt, and absolutely filthy hat with the brim curved about like a horse shoe. Flip flops were omnipresent too but kind of sucked if you had to walk all the way across campus.

Then a few years ago when my oldest started playing select baseball it seemed like every damn kid out there at all levels, on up into college ball, and even MLB was wearing New Balance baseball cleats or turf shoes. Jose Altuve wears New Balance so maybe that's it.

Anyway, I'm a mid-40's dad now and still wear my New Balance. But never the white ones. In fact, other than being fatter, when I'm not required to do otherwise my wardrobe has barely changed since college.
Hahaha, never the white ones cracked me up. Those things are cool with the cool kids these days. I have no idea how or why.

On NB, I am not sure how they made it work and turned into the dominant baseball cleat company. In 2009-2013 they were giving away sponsorships for players for small charitable donations and that was a large part of how they built a big base on lesser known players (Altuve was one of them!). Not sure now, but that was the original strategy when they started to build a ground swell in cleats, which is a notoriously hard business to break in to

Hahaha, never the white ones cracked me up. Those things are cool with the cool kids these days. I have no idea how or why.

On NB, I am not sure how they made it work and turned into the dominant baseball cleat company. In 2009-2013 they were giving away sponsorships for players for small charitable donations and that was a large part of how they built a big base on lesser known players (Altuve was one of them!). Not sure now, but that was the original strategy when they started to build a ground swell in cleats, which is a notoriously hard business to break in to

White shoes generally remind me more of Cousin Eddie than Billy Johnson.

nrlDxW.gif

vs.

DI5jaQ_XcAIw71-.jpg:large

• Love
Reactions: darterbury

I get them for my son because I can get their spikes for $10 during Academy’s clearance sale.

Hahahaha. Love it. I always think of this Crazy, Stupid, Love clip

When this movie came out, I was still buying footwear for Academy and we thought it was going to be impactful to New Balance....nope. Funny clip tho

Never seen that movie but I might have to check it out.

Sort of along those lines I just learned a new term the other day - "norm core" which evidently means purposely dressing like a bland, middle-aged, suburban dad. Sort of a hipster-related goal of dressing purposely uncool in the most benign manner possible to be ironically cool.

Sounds fvcking exhausting.

Narcissistic side note, I bought some white New Balance shoes to ruin doing yard work years ago. My kids started calling me the neighborhood pedophile and to this day make jokes remembering my “pedo shoes”.

All that to say, we should probably pass on sponsorship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT