ADVERTISEMENT

Rush Passed Away

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Over weight plus cancer. Didn’t agree w him some of the time. But he was an icon for sure. Sorry to hear. 70 is young now days and cancer doesn’t care about political beliefs.

Reactions: ITS BK
Started listening to him after 9/11. A great voice, he will be missed.

He was the conservative voice of a generation. He revolutionized talk radio no matter whether you liked or disliked him.

Reactions: clayber
He has a pretty amazing story. I started listening in 1992 in grad school and learned so much about the issues that everyone was talking about and I thought I knew everything about. He didn't want you to just think the way he thought but he wanted you to study it and believe it. Doing a one man show for 3 hours and being that successful at it was pretty much unheard of. Some do it with some success today but he was the pioneer. His understanding of what makes a radio show interesting and not just talking about a specific topic or what a caller wanted to talk about was key. While his humor was not always on target for all he had a great gift for it. For the last 20 years or so, I have only listened on days off or while in the car but there were many days where I was letting the news of the day get to me and he would bring out a positive thought and hope for the future. He will only be imitated. He's one of a kind.

I wonder about the voice of Geddy Lee, how did it get so high? Does he speak like an ordinary guy?

I know him and he does.

Then you're my fact-checking cuz.

I don't think there's any argument to be made that we'd be a better country had this happened 30-40 years ago.

Classless to make fun of a passing, same as it was with RBG. Disagree with tier stances fine, but both still are icons and should be recognized as such.
And they all had people who loved them and are now in pain. T and Ps.

Having a few for old Rushbo. Icon. Leader. Good dude. Very few people leave this world making a difference. He did. He gave voice to millions of Americans that have felt like they had none. He will be missed. RIP

Reactions: darterbury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT