ADVERTISEMENT

Roadmap to #1 Recruiting Class.....(12/7 UPDATE)

slixey

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
***12/17/21 UPDATE - POST ESD***

Obviously Fisher has put together what is clearly a special class. Currently ranked first by ESPN and the numbers site, and 2nd overall by Rivals.......and with us expecting at least three more Top 100 players to ink with us, I'm still interested in seeing how this class turns out in a historical context.

We're now at a total of 26 recruits who are signed, sealed, and delivered, ranked 2nd by Rivals with a total of 3136 points with Bama at 3200.

Looks like we're now down to #12 overall Denver Harris, #23 overall Harold Perkins, #28 Jacoby Mathews, and #38 Shemar Stewart, unless Fisher has a surprise up his sleeve. It also doesn't sound like we're really after Mathews anymore. So I'm going to do the math assuming we add the other three.

First things first, we need to get our new baseline. This is amazing, but since Rivals only counts the Top 20 rated recruits toward the ranking in each class, Baby Thor and Jadon Scarlett don't count in our current class ranking. Assuming Fisher signs Harris, Perkins, and Stewart, then Noah Thomas, Martrell Harris, and Ish Harris won't count toward our final ranking either. In Rivals rankings, Noah Thomas is 105 points, Martrell Harris is 121 points, and Ish Harris is 105 points. So after I reset things we're sitting at 17 commits with a total of 2805 points toward our class ranking.

So now I'll just add the guys we still feel strongly about in order of their ranking.

Rivals currently ranks Denver Harris as a 6.1 5 star and the #12 overall player nationally giving him 218 points. Adding Harris bumps us to 3023 points.

Rivals currently ranks Harold Perkins as a 6.1 5 star and the #23 overall player nationally giving him 207 points. Adding Perkins bumps us to 3230 points.

Rivals currently ranks Shemar Stewart as a 6.0 4 star and the #38 overall player nationally giving him 184 points. Adding Stewart bumps us to as total of 3414 points.

That would put us in first place in the Rivals ranking too if nothing else changes.

Going back to 2002 in Rivals overall rankings this class would then rank 4th in total points behind:

2021 Alabama with 3548 points which included 5 5stars and 18 4 stars

2017 Alabama with 3477 points which included 7 5 stars and 19 4 stars

2018 Georgia with 3461 points which included 8 5 stars and 15 4 stars

2022 Texas A&M with 3414 points which includes 4 5 stars and 21 4 stars

So close, but a little behind those other classes in terms of historical rankings on Rivals.

The measuring stick now is going to be how this plays out on the field and it's going to be epic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.