ADVERTISEMENT

Replacing Mike Evans

gobama396

New or Lurking
May 1, 2014
So we all know Mike Evans is gone. My question is, will the Aggies stay big to replace him (Ricky Seals-Jones) or go small?

My guess is a little of both, but I think we'd be best served getting rid of the ball really quick and training our WRs to emulate Brandin Cooks (sp?) from Oregon State last year.

Give it to smaller, faster players like Speedy Noil, Travis Labhart, LaQuvionte Gonzalez, etc.

http://www.football.com/en-us/next-in-line-replacing-mike-evans/

The Aggies have a fair balance of "all of the above" when it comes to classifying their receivers. Evans is gone, but A&M still has Jaquay Williams, Malcolm Kennedy, Edward Pope, Frank Iheanacho (soon), Josh Reynolds, Kyrion Parker, and RSJ that are all giants out there at over 6'2" plus. The smaller guys like Quiv, Speedy (not really as small as people think at 6 ft), Tabuyo, Jamal Jeffrey, and Sabian Holmes will all fill the gaps nicely as speedsters, water bugs, and play makers. However, the Aggies are playing "go big or go home", evident by their tall receivers and their current and future secondary.

I think the biggest question mark will be seeing who gets the touches that JFF had the last two years. I look for our veteran stable of 4 and 5 star rb's to get the majority of JFF's touches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT