ADVERTISEMENT

Remember violence?

Aggiesandastros

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2004
It seems like a lifetime ago, but this team used to signify violence. They came with an attitude to punish and destroy anything and everything in front of them. It wasn’t even just an attitude…it was an aura, an expectation.

I’ve longed for that kind of intimidation since the mid-90’s. We’ve been teased once or twice with a defense that showed signs of actual teeth but nothing sustained. Nothing to set your brand to. Nothing we could count on.

We also haven’t had a defensive minded coach since Slocum. If there’s one thing I’m most excited about with this era of Aggie football is that I’m really hoping that aura of punishing defense and a roaring stadium become as difficult to manage as anything in college football, once again.

The respect of playing in Kyle field is still there. Other teams RESPECT the energy the fan base brings on Saturday but they don’t FEAR it anymore. We’ve lost that. I want it back. I don’t want your fvckin respect! I want what’s OURS!! I want what belongs to us!! I WANT IT BACK!!! I WANT YOUR FVCKIN HEADS ON A PIKE!!! I WANT AARON WALLACE TO CARRY YOUR DECAPITATED HEAD FROM THE PLAYING FIELD!! I WANT SOME FVCKIN VIOLENCE!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.