ADVERTISEMENT

Rain at last! and Another Close Call in My LIFE.

rockydog

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2002
At our Central Texas Ranch we have been in a bad drought and our lakes on the property are really stressed. Every Aug. we seem to always lucked out and good rain has always saved us. Sunday we got lucky again and we received over 5 inches of rain which means running water for us. Our ranch drops 205 feet from our front fence to our back fence which is a good mile. All our ponds are full again and our clover seed which has been waiting for water will now come up again and cover our food plots. Our deer herd -buck wise may be the best we have ever had and we have had some great bucks over the past 3 years. John a friend of mine has been taking care of my ranch while I have been getting over these two recent surgeries I have had to have. I reported on my Triple By pass I had in early May. Its really funny I really did not want that operation but got talked into by my son Jeremy and a friend Dr. Terry Jones. Little did I know this surgery would save my life in a few weeks!July15 at 8 PM I started to bleed from my rectum-I lost so much blood so fast I passed out at home-when I woke up I was in the emergency room at St. Joes. ByJuly 17 they still did not know what had caused the bleeding but IT quit and every thing looked great the Dr. came in and told me he wanted to keep me one more night . That night I started to bleed again and they had to give me 7 pints of blood -my HGB felL

to 6.2 the next morning in came my surgeon-Dr. Mason and let me know he knew where the bleeder was in my GI tract.He went in and took out 6 inches of my colon.Later that week the intensive care MD came down to see how I was doing and let me know that having that Bypass had saved my life a second time. He told me without the bypass my heart could not have handled the stress the bleeding had put on my body. I guess I have been given some more quality time and I will use it wisely.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News