ADVERTISEMENT

Question about American Media

bigstu

Known Member
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2001
Let me pose a question... on pure business. CNN and MSNBC have the liberal cable news channels covered and fox dominates the conservative cable news.Now obviously someone at fox saw the need and potential of catering to conservatives. It has paid off big as they dominate cable news ratings, while the others split up all their viewers. How can one of the big 3 networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) not see the opportunity to swing conservative, be different than the other 2 and capture the massive under serviced conservative community. All three cater to liberal thinking, from morning shows like GMA and Today, National 6pm news, Sunday morning news shows ect... I just can't wrap my head around how these companies trying to pull ratings can't see the easy money in serving a massive part of our population that doesn't have a lot of outlets to consume news slanted a little to their angle. They all want to fight over the 53% of Americans that lean democrat, while anyone of them could just lean to the right and probably gain 50% of all potential viewers in the blink of an eye. It just seems like good business. How can one of these Greedy CEOs not pull the triggers on this and reap the benefits?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News