ADVERTISEMENT

One More Year, One More Year!

umgrad92

Aug 27, 2002
First post on your board. You guys have escaped Oxford two years in a row with a win. I WILL be making the trip to College Station next year.
Please, Please, figure out some way to keep Johnny Manziel around for another year. Yes, I know that his presence on the field in College Station next year when the Rebels come to town will make it that much tougher to win, but that isn't the point of this post. JF is a college football player, not a proto typical professional qb. . He is the best I have ever seen play the position in college. Watching him play is an incredible thing. If he doesn't win the Heisman again, the award will have lost what little credibility it has forever in my mind.
Really, if you, anybody, could have one player as your qb, would you really pick the guy from Oregon, FSU, or Baylor? ..... I thought so! Anyway, I hope, for college football's sake, and for my personal enjoyment of watching the best all around college qb I have ever seen play, that he comes back. See you next year when the Ole Miss Rebels come to town! One of these days we will actually beat you guys! Have a blessed day.

This post was edited on 11/7 11:11 PM by umgrad92

Re: One Mor Year, One More Year!

Hopefully the performance, or should I say lack of performance, by Marcus Mariota (sp.) will stop all the nonsense about somebody besides your qb winning the Heisman, again.

From a Gamecock fan, you're gonna miss Manziel next year. But that goes for all honest to goodness college football fans. Johnny Manziel is something else. If you don't love watching him play, then you are a hater. A unique and superior talent, with a lot of heart.

This post was edited on 11/9 6:32 PM by Number1pjones

Great thread. Thanks for all the good comments about Johnny. We hope he comes back as well...although I don't think there's even a remote chance of that happening. It's been a honor and pleasure to watch him play the game. The best college QB or player for that matter (?), in my lifetime...and I've been a college football fan for 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT