ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, let's talk the coach and the departure

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
A few things that I feel comfortable putting out there. I'll stay out of his personal life stuff. Others can get into that.

This was done in a day. From what I have been told and others have reported as well, this is an outright lie. This was done for more than a month and he essentially cut off communication with the AD's office after that.

They didn't talk during the season. Also, according to sources, an utter falsehood. Either they were using the Force or there were discussions. You don't get something like this done overnight. Even if it was their agents, it's a lie.

He didn't have time to talk to his players. Complete and utter bullshit. He had the locker room in Omaha, the flight back, the bus ride, the locker room at Olsen. He intentionally did not tell them, got his stuff and left. It was calculated.

He feels bad about it. That's between him and God, but one moderator will call bullshit on it.

Certain players were paid in advance to go to Austin, and they were the only ones who knew. This I cannot verify, but the timing is extremely suspect.

There was a big recruiting weekend with transfers coming in this weekend. A total lie and part of the smokescreen used to cover up what he was doing. Multiple sources have indicated that he did not recruit for a second in the month of June -- for A&M, at least.

Players and parents knew something was up. This seems to be true. Or, at least, they put 2 and 2 together fast afterward.

This is Trev Alberts' fault. This seems to be almost entirely inaccurate. Schlossnagle intentionally avoided contact with the AD and members of A&M leadership -- allegedly -- from the Georgia series on.

There were burner phones used to contact recruits. I cannot verify this, but you've got some former players swearing it. If A&M were to look into it and find out that's the case, that makes for a very interesting conversation with the NCAA.

If the Olsen money was there, he wasn't leaving. This was said multiple times, and whats-his-face repeated it to reporters he's closest to, including Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball (this is not an invitation to get on Kendall's ass). That was clearly a lie.

The money isn't there. False. I've heard, and others have stated, that the $80 million for the renovations is there already.

Whats-his-face lacks fundamental character is an is an egotistical fraudulent narcissist. Judge for yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News