ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I've had an opportunity to sleep on it .......

91 Ag

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2002
This was personal. It's not about more money if you don't give your current employer an opportunity to counter. It's not about facilities or commitment to success. Even if it's true about wanting $120M for facilities and only getting $80M that puts you ahead of your competition. It's not about Del Cunte. These guys are all contract employees and used to putting "quality of life" on the back burner. It's not about a girlfriend not liking College Station. He was going to make enough $ to overcome that challenge too. He took the opportunity to maximize the embarassment to A&M and could've easily avoided it. What I'm anxious to learn is where the personal vendetta was and came from.

While embarassed personally, I feel most for the players. He'll get good players because some won't be able to resist the NIL and/or the chance to play under him as a good coach. I think he'll also lose some players too. The baseball community isn't that large at this level. The parents clearly aren't okay with this and they'll talk to other parents. Players will talk to each other. Let's hope he loses more than he gets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News