ADVERTISEMENT

"New Home Sales Consultant" ??

Ag4SEC

Known Member
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2006
How much do these guys make? These aren't realtors. These are the guys that sit in a model home at the front of tract home subdivisions and are basically car salesman for new tract homes. No real estate license needed.

My cousin, who has zero experience in the profession, got hired on about 5 months ago as a "New Home Sales Consultant". He did two weeks of training and then jumped right into it. I finally caught up to him this last week and he said its the best job he's ever had. He claims to be moving about 3-4 houses a month. And said he gets a commission of about $4-$6k per house(the houses he sells are $175k-$250k). I did some quick math for him and said 3 houses at $5k per x 12 months. You're making $180k a year or what? He said "easy". Also said even the guys that aren't that good can turn 2 houses a month and pull 6 figures. Is this possible?

Note: This particular cousin of mine is not necessarily known for his truth telling, but I know absolutely no one else in the industry that could disprove him. If at all true, I'm thinking of applying for a similar position and selling my business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News