ADVERTISEMENT

Monthly memo from Bruce Hamilton (SIAP) & NFR

6.William.Bs

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2011
Probably something that is probably already known among the people on this board and common knowledge, and this is not meant to go political just informative, so hopefully it creates discussion before the start of the Elko era. I have it on good account that our military is at its weakest point in a long time, and I asked a recently retired colonel “is there anything you can you tell me what kind of technology the military has that the civilian population would find ‘cool’”. He danced around the question and just said, “honestly, we have mostly contracted out to the private sector for that kind of stuff.”

Howdy,

The attached is an excerpt from Bruce Hamilton, Pres & CEO TAMU Corps of Cadets Association’s monthly memo to the members. Bruce is class of ’78 Corps of Cadets, reached the rank of Captain in the US navy after 24 years of service, is a nuclear engineer, and served on the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board. So, he a serious person. I’m pretty bad about reading between the lines and I don’t know if I’m right, but this part of his memo is pretty alarming to me. Part of his job is raising money, but I don’t think he would unduly alarm his members just to accomplish that. Anyway, it’s interesting (and scary) at the same time:

through active participation with the CCA, including service as Chairman of our Board of Directors. I look forward to working with him again.
The Corps was, is, and always will be one of the great institutions of Texas,
and ti is a fool's errand to correlate any particular leader with the institution he leads. The
Corps of Cadets not only keeps the historical legacy of Texas A&M alive, but it is
today shaping and molding the next generation of young men and women to be leaders of virtue and citizens of character for Texas and for our Republic. That
Republic, our great state, and the Corps are accustomed to change, and this si just the beginning of the next chapter for this institution which is a national treasure.
It is my pledge ot you that this transition wil serve to nourish my own personal efforts as the Chief Executive of your Association. I remain committed to our mission, and I remain committed to growing our impact. The CCA could not do this without your generous support, and I am confident that your commitment will persevere as well.
A member of our Hollingsworth 1876 Society recently gave me the book, The Fourth Turning is Here. The author postulates that historical cycles predict we are on the cusp of another great crisis: that the intervals between the American Revolution, The Civil War, The Great Depression/Second World War, and today are strikingly similar, and the time and conditions are ripe for a major disturbance of catastrophic consequence.
The world is screening many horror movies right now: the worst pandemic since 1918, Russia/Ukraine, Hamas/Israel, China/Taiwan, Iran/The Middle East, disorderly waves of refugees, incivility and coarseness in our culture, and massive debt, not to mention a sustained inverted yield curve. Underlying this is perceived verisimilitude that the western world is ni relative decline. Could an attempted assassination of a presidential candidate or a rerun of Chicago 1968 precipitate the crisis? There is plenty to keep us
-al broadcast to us in real time on our smartphones.
With the world in this condition, we need more cadets than ever to prepare more leaders of character and citizens of virtue. And we're getting more. As I write this, Corps Recruiting is estimating enough new fish and a total Corps size to fill nearly all 12 Quad dormitories. Of course, recruiting is only half the battle; the other half is retention, and that si being aggressively tackled as well. This year, what was previously Fall Orientation Week is expanding into what is now called "Cadet Onboarding." It includes enhanced leadership training for cadre and a special Corporals Course with certification for sophomores. You can read about this by going to corps.tamu.edu and searching for "enhanced onboarding." Better leadership training » more retention » more cadets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.