ADVERTISEMENT

Microsoft Build Keynote

cottontrader2001

Gold Member
May 22, 2012
Anyone else watch today's keynote from Microsoft's Build conference? Pretty impressive stuff on a wide range of things. Items I found particularly interesting:

1. Continuum: The ability to essentially transition your user session from one device to another seamlessly. For example, if you're working on an Excel file on your phone and get back to the office, no need to save and re-open the document. Simply doc your phone and keep in working at your PC. Huge potential here, I think.

2. Android and iOS apps can be adapted to Windows with minor tweaks from developers. We'll see how easy and seamless that process really is, but this would certainly help solve Windows relative lack of app support.

3. The HoloLens demo of its augmented reality was really neat. Its applications for business and education were eye opening. I'm still not sure how viable VR will end up being, but I think this product may up being a big step towards mainstreaming it.

After years of getting burned by one Microsoft failure after another, I'm starting to give them another look. That said, I'll wait until all these developments are widely available and reviewed before I get serious about switching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.