ADVERTISEMENT

Lawns - Do you cut it high or go short?

charles3ct

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2006
Everyone has their idea of what a perfect lawn is.
Curious on what everyone else does to their lawn. Yeah I know someone is gonna say I don't mow the lawn so I don't have to look at all the junked cars on the property. And some in the southwest will say I can't do it anymore and went with a rock/desert look. I went through that with my dad in El Paso as he could not water it anymore and went with rocks. But for the rest of us what ya got?

I live in a culdesac and am a corner house so technically I have two front lawns a side and a back on about 1/2 acre of land. I used to cut the grass somewhat higher and to be honest that was because I was busy and sometimes did not have the time to mow the lawn in a weeks time. Now that the kids are older and no more weekend kids games/events to go to all the damn time I can spend a lot more time making the lawn look nice. Thinking about going low with a reel mower and get it down to about 1/2 ot 3/4".

As some of you know I live in Connecticut - yesterday it was 72 degrees for the high temp and it rains enough that I rarely water the lawn at all. In fact I don't think I watered it at all the last 5 years or but there is about 2-3 weeks in Late July early August it will turn yellow if it is not watered but till recover once the rain comes back. If I am really taking care of it I will probably water it when that happens. Usually though I have the opposite problem and having to either mow the grass wet or wait for it to dry out enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.