ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of Leadership

Richard23

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
I was going to post this before reading Mark's breaking news when I got up to pee at 2:00. Then I thought, "Maybe I shouldn't pile on." But...

Outside of scheme and coaching style, I'll leave that to others, the elephant in the room is lack of upper class leaders taking hold of the locker room and getting people's minds right.

Would Kenyon Green, Demarvin Leal, Wydermeyer, or Leon O'Neil let it get this far?

We don't have anyone. I would say Anias Smith. I would hope Demani Richardson.

The only hope for this team is that this causes some younger guys to step up and lay down the law. I've heard, and pray it's true, that Evan Stewart is somebody that is taking over. McKinley Jackson? AJ Johnson? Edgrin Cooper? The new DB's seeing playing time? Fadil Diggs! Walter Nolan.

We are in dangerous times when you give a kid that comes from poverty more money than they ever dreamed of holding, when they don't have the life tools to manage themselves or their money. Maybe losing it, will knock some sense into the others? Not sure how that works.

I hope we hear about a team meeting, without the coaches, and see who will step up and take over.

It's a bad formula: $$$ / Immaturity and lack of life skills / no self governing.

This must be Jimbo's teaching moment. Hope he is up to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News