ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Hocker grade

No flame here, but it seems somewhat disingenuous when so much is made as far as excuses as to why Texas A&M lost to Clemson. You hear Mond did not have a good game, too many penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, etc.

And yes, while many of these things did inflict TAMU, how many noticed that Trevor Lawrence was not sharp either? He missed several passes, of which one definitely was a TD, and another perhaps also, or missing passes that could extend drives. His interception was under thrown when his receiver had a step or two on the Texas A&M DB.

Then, Clemson's WR's also had some drops, they also had some costly penalties, they also had busted assignments on offense and defense.

The point that I am trying to make here is, unless Clemson played some flawless game way above their heads, while TAMU had all of these mistakes, then you have something to hang your hat on. But that was not the case here, as Clemson made their share of mistakes and not playing to potential as Texas A&M had. I know the reasons that these excuses are made, it is comforting to know, and maybe inspiring for the team, to believe that you should have or could have won had you played better.

Good luck the rest of the way, because I will be pulling for you, especially against the Gamecocks, LSU, and Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions: wick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT