ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Christmas Week Let’s Git ‘er Done! AY Holiday Charity Project + Equipment Fund

AllstateAg

Known Member
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2003
Round Rock, TX
agents.allstate.com
Okay boys and girls, it's that time. Many of us have experienced tragedies with our families, friends, neighbors and co-workers in the last year or two. It has become a tradition on AY to focus on opportunities we have to help others at this time of year. It's an honor and privilege that I can put forth the family of one of my staff members that was devastated by COVID. I'll get to the details below.

We have another opportunity to support AY by funding the purchase of some equipment to help Mark and Courtney upgrade content and podcasts going forward. Mark didn't ask for this but he grudgingly gave us a budget and list. He thinks $3200 will work but anything over that they can use to fund travel to cover Aggie sports events. Here's the link to contribute. Feel free to reply and let everyone know you have contributed, but Mark will keep us updated on how much has been raised. The venmo account is @Arie-Passwaters. The account is at $1300 as I post this.

As of 12/3 1PM $3180

Now back to Victoria's story. I'm trying to get somebody to help me insert a picture from the day she passed her insurance licensing exam on July 14th. She had great expectations to be a sales superstar and now eligible to sell. She had "IT" and was so excited about what was ahead of her. She would have added many of you to our client list. She's beautiful and smiling with a great road ahead of her including her new baby Niko to be born on October 10th. We were having a staff meeting and celebration. That was the last time we saw her. My office manager called me that weekend and she and her husband and Victoria had all become sick and tested positive. Victoria was admitted to the hospital a week later as she couldn't breathe. She was sent home a couple of days later but was back to ER. Admitted to hospital again and then moved to another hospital and ICU. At the time it wasn't widely known the risk of COVID to pregnant women.

She was in an induced coma and suffered a heart attack, but Niko was delivered prematurely and healthy on 8/12/2021, almost 2 months early. Niko is doing well and her husband James spends all of his time with the baby and their other daughter along with spending as much time as possible with Victoria at her rehab hospital. As you'll see in the video I'm attaching, Victoria has made some progress but she has a permanent tracheostomy tube and can't speak. She recognizes James and some pictures and can answer yes and no questions by looking at flash cards.

The bottom line is Victoria sacrificed herself so Niko could be born. James will use whatever money we can raise to help pay hospital bills and find day care so he can go back to work. When I told him and my staff that we Aggies were going to answer the call there was nothing but tears. One said now she understands there really is something special about Aggies.

The rest of the story is on her husband James' gofundme account:

There is $17263 in the account as I post this. I'll update as y'all post your "done" messages.

Updated 12/23 AM AY has donated approximately $10500. I see additional donations but not coinciding with AY "done" replies.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News