ADVERTISEMENT

I'm upset

catorano

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2005
There are very strong reasons to believe Kennedy is a failure at A&M. He's not made the tournament. His teams collapse at the end of the season and games (2-12 in last two games and conf tourneys over four years). He consistently throws his players under the bus for his failures. He has four top 50 rpi wins in four years. He has lost to Rice, Southern, North Texas and Auburn. He had us squarely in the tourney and blew it against two teams we had more talent than even without House. He has allowed huge runs against Arkansas, Bama, Florida and Auburn and watched until all momentum disappear before he called a timeout. His crowning achievement is worse than Turgeon's worst season. He had UK beat until he decided to keep a 40% FT shooter in the game in crunch time.

His only redeeming quality is that this season he was able recruit four studs with a huge assist from Stansbury and Avery Johnson, Jr. Four studs who will need time and won't be able to cover up for his lack of coaching in season one. This is what his few remaining supporters are pointing to as a reason to keep him. That and "improvement". Mind you, the improvement is based on the abhorrently low standard he set for the program.

I'm upset. I'm more upset about the low standards and lack of excellence. We shouldn't expect final fours, but no tourneys in four years should be a huge red flag.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News