ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace. My Son will be an Aggie soon. (Hopefully)

BMTHORN

New or Lurking
Jul 6, 2001
Yes, I have followed the Longhorns for years. I was never a student there. Graduated from Lamar in Beaumont. However, my son wants to be an Aggie Engineer with all his heart.

I would like to ask a question for anyone willing to answer.

He has already been accepted to A&M as an automatic top 10%. However, he is awaiting his holistic review from the Engineering School. He will likely be Valedictorian and at worst Salutatorian at his small private HS. He has lot's of extra curricular activities such as Student Gov't Executive, RYLA, Praise Band, Theater and a host of community service items as well. My 1 concern is his SAT (1200). He has test anxiety issues and just can't seem to crack the code.

So, my question to anyone that has experience. If he does not get into the Engineering School, should he just start off as a Physics Major and try to transfer into Engineering? Is it likely that he could transfer into Engineering from the Physics Dept? Or, would he be better off trying to transfer from another School?

For the record, we have been going up to College Station a lot over the last year and the Campus, people and atmosphere is amazing.

Should not be a problem either way. Congrats on coming to the finest university in the country

Reactions: BMTHORN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT