ADVERTISEMENT

I’m paying 76 cents more per gallon at the pump since election

Don't pay attention to the people that think it's ok. Refineries shutdown due to snowmageddon? LMAO! Yes, deregulation 11 years ago had an impact, but even if 100% of the thermal energy was operational during the storm, WE STILL WOULD HAVE HAD BLACKOUTS! Our dependence on wind (36% of our total capacity) when it only averages producing half of it's potential was a factor. The shutdown of refineries, the keystone pipeline (shutdown to repay warren buffett for his contribution to the democratic party so he could make his $2 billion per year). Restrictions on offshore drilling? Those are the reasons your gas bill went up.

I thought the snow storm shutdown refineries which jacked up the price. So Abbott and cronies maybe owe you some money?
You’re a good poster Cheeky. I’m asking a question and that doesn’t really answer.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s been in office e long enough to affect the price by 30%.

Gas prices, one of the most mis-understood processes known to man, yet everyone is an expert.
I’m not an expert. That’s why I’m bringing it up.

you’re not bright.

enough said.
Explain why you’re attacking me with that kind of insult. I’ve already said I’m not an expert on why we’re really paying more.

tenor.gif

Don't pay attention to the people that think it's ok. Refineries shutdown due to snowmageddon? LMAO! Yes, deregulation 11 years ago had an impact, but even if 100% of the thermal energy was operational during the storm, WE STILL WOULD HAVE HAD BLACKOUTS! Our dependence on wind (36% of our total capacity) when it only averages producing half of it's potential was a factor. The shutdown of refineries, the keystone pipeline (shutdown to repay warren buffett for his contribution to the democratic party so he could make his $2 billion per year). Restrictions on offshore drilling? Those are the reasons your gas bill went up.
Thank you.

I don’t think he’s been in office e long enough to affect the price by 30%.

Gas prices, one of the most mis-understood processes known to man, yet everyone is an expert.

Part of what you are saying is true, but as far as long term contracts are concerned, there is certainly some concern from traders about future supplies based on the rhetoric from the Whitehouse about fracking and pipelines being terminated. It is definitely affecting the price. Probably not 30%. Demand is ramping up again and Biden is threatening future supplies. Oil companies are being more conservative and are being smarter about exploiting their acreage too fast. All of it contributes to the price of oil.

you just know that it has something to do with the election.

so you’re not implying causation, just randomly noting two independent phenomena.
So would you say if our gas prices continue to increase and Biden continues to handcuff domestic oil production that its due to causation or are they two different phenomena?
Don’t get too smart bhang a dong.

Part of what you are saying is true, but as far as long term contracts are concerned, there is certainly some concern from traders about future supplies based on the rhetoric from the Whitehouse about fracking and pipelines being terminated. It is definitely affecting the price. Probably not 30%. Demand is ramping up again and Biden is threatening future supplies. Oil companies are being more conservative and are being smarter about exploiting their acreage too fast. All of it contributes to the price of oil.
Supply was also disrupted pretty massively a few weeks back.

Reactions: gooch82
i don’t know why he has to insult me.

all i did was ask an innocent, unloaded question.

gee whiz.

it’s okay to have a sad when your guy loses to obama’s runner up.

you’re entitled.

Cant blame it on OPEC....just yet. Give it a couple of years though.

Enough said.
The price of gas has gone up where I live and we don't depend on Texas for refined gasoline.
Many people don't follow news or politics, but they are irrational when it comes to the price at the gas pump.
If I were a Dem running for re-election in 2022, I would be somewhat concerned. Many voters will take it out on the party in power.

I think I remember taking a course on supply and demand back in my Aggie days.

You’re a good poster Cheeky. I’m asking a question and that doesn’t really answer.

Priced escalated in Texas due to a shutdown of refineries in Texas.

The end.

cheeky rarely answers much with anything real. hard to do when you don't really know anything
I’ve done pretty well for a guy who doesn’t know anything. I guess it’s true what they say, “better to be well endowed than to know everything.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT