ADVERTISEMENT

How insulting is this headline? (NFR)

I mean this chart seems good at face value but when you see Vox and Vice at the top third in terms of facts and analysis it loses all value.
It’s says they are skewed left and mostly provide analysis. Is that wrong?

You can look in to Ad Fontes. They use a lot of analyst with different views and have them rate content.

Last edited:
It’s says they are skewed left and mostly provide analysis. Is that wrong?

You can look in to Ad Fontes. They use a lot of analyst with different views and have them rate content.
It is grossly incorrect, they should be in the bottom third, most of their articles are far-left opinion pieces. Now if this came out 15 years ago when those were freelance, boots on the ground, guerrilla journalism like they were before they sold out, sure, but they haven’t been that in over a decade. Now they write op-eds that even MSNBC won’t touch.

W
Well he wasn't dressed like a gangbanger with his pants hanging off his ass. He was wearing shorts, a tshirt and running shoes.
Just spit-balling here as it's just down the road and we saw a whole lot more than what the national media wanted the country to see. As a serious jogger maybe he would have worn shoes designed for running? Not flat tennis shoes, because we all know that after years of hardcore running, your body is really going to revolt on you... and by all accounts he ran all the time, he just loved to get out and run... heck, with all that running experience, maybe he would have had jogging shorts on because those cargo shorts being held up by a belt sure do chafe you when you're running for a long distance, because he was truly on a really long jog being several miles from his mom's house. And to that end, he probably would have had good breathable socks as well.

See, his mom had one simple rule, if he had energy to run the streets, he had energy to work, so he had several jobs... apparently none of which he needed to be at that Tuesday. But the true loss here is of a young man who's life was lost who was described by all as "Those who knew him speak of a seemingly bottomless reservoir of kindness he used to encourage others, of an easy smile and infectious laughter that could lighten just about any situation."

Things were finally looking up for him, his probation, for possession of an illegal handgun and unlawful carrying of a gun on school after he had graduated, which had been extended due to his shoplifting, was due to be expired by then end of the year.

Yes things were looking up, he had been accepted to the local trade school where he was going to train to become an electrician just like his uncles, he soooo loved the idea of being an electrician, he was often seen lurking around homes under construction, you know, after hours when no one was around, because he wanted to see how they were wiring the houses. In fact he loved the idea of becoming an electrician so much, he put off going to school for a year so he could keep working as a landscaper and car-washer. I guess so he could continue his after hours investigation of construction sites so he would be way ahead of the other dummies who just got right into the program.

You need only watch the entire video, not the cropped clips, to see what a kind, caring soul who could diffuse situations just with his smile and kind words... he must of been excited and happy to see the 67 year old man because he sprinted around the truck to rip open the drivers door, grabbed the barrel of the shot gun and proceeded to repeatedly punch the 67 year old retiree in the face and head. Now as for me, I wouldn't be chasing down people, but just putting myself into the situation where I have a young man running around my truck pulling open my door, and crazy enough to grab my shotgun and attempt to pull it from my grip while punching me in the head...well I'm probably going full auto and firing as many times as I can, immediately. But the 67 year old man restrained himself for several moments, but it appears after he felt he was losing his grip he fired once. Now I'd say most innocent, law-abiding people probably wouldn't be attacking an old man this way, but even if somehow it was arguable to have done so, once that shot gun goes off you'd think that most innocent people would back off, not fight harder. So hard that the old man had to fire again to fend off the attack....

Who knows, maybe if he would have had the recommended running gear on, his jog would have been faster and no altercation would have ever even happened, we'll never know, The Gregory's probably wish every moment of every day they didn't chase down the young man but we'll never know. The young man probably had several clear thoughts that he probably shouldn't have attacked a man with a shot gun before he died. we'll never know. Was justice served or vengeance? I guess we will never truly know.

Dude here giving all sorts of opinions on the matter then tells us he hasnt paid much attention. Shamful.
not at all- I was merely stating that automatically assuming racism was the only motive of the 3 was absurd and ignores a multitude of other situations. And not to mention the fact that you’re effectively claiming this was only because he was black and wouldn’t happen to a white dude is absurd because it happens all the time except it’s not publicized. But the fact you don’t get that isn’t surprising.

Last edited:
Nice try.
My first post in this thread was simply stating facts about the jury and its selection. My 2nd post was simply pointing out the fact that you have lots of opinions about something you admittedly havent paid much attention to. Please tell me where I effectively claimed this was only because he was black and wouldn't have happened to a white guy.

See, his mom had one simple rule, if he had energy to run the streets, he had energy to work, so he had several jobs... apparently none of which he needed to be at that Tuesday. But the true loss here is of a young man who's life was lost who was described by all as "Those who knew him speak of a seemingly bottomless reservoir of kindness he used to encourage others, of an easy smile and infectious laughter that could lighten just about any situation."
Lot of false information. I know there was a lot of it on Facebook. He ripped open the drivers door? Watch a video of the incident and use your eyes not what you read.

W

Just spit-balling here as it's just down the road and we saw a whole lot more than what the national media wanted the country to see. As a serious jogger maybe he would have worn shoes designed for running? Not flat tennis shoes, because we all know that after years of hardcore running, your body is really going to revolt on you... and by all accounts he ran all the time, he just loved to get out and run... heck, with all that running experience, maybe he would have had jogging shorts on because those cargo shorts being held up by a belt sure do chafe you when you're running for a long distance, because he was truly on a really long jog being several miles from his mom's house. And to that end, he probably would have had good breathable socks as well.

Things were finally looking up for him, his probation, for possession of an illegal handgun and unlawful carrying of a gun on school after he had graduated, which had been extended due to his shoplifting, was due to be expired by then end of the year.

Yes things were looking up, he had been accepted to the local trade school where he was going to train to become an electrician just like his uncles, he soooo loved the idea of being an electrician, he was often seen lurking around homes under construction, you know, after hours when no one was around, because he wanted to see how they were wiring the houses. In fact he loved the idea of becoming an electrician so much, he put off going to school for a year so he could keep working as a landscaper and car-washer. I guess so he could continue his after hours investigation of construction sites so he would be way ahead of the other dummies who just got right into the program.

You need only watch the entire video, not the cropped clips, to see what a kind, caring soul who could diffuse situations just with his smile and kind words... he must of been excited and happy to see the 67 year old man because he sprinted around the truck to rip open the drivers door, grabbed the barrel of the shot gun and proceeded to repeatedly punch the 67 year old retiree in the face and head. Now as for me, I wouldn't be chasing down people, but just putting myself into the situation where I have a young man running around my truck pulling open my door, and crazy enough to grab my shotgun and attempt to pull it from my grip while punching me in the head...well I'm probably going full auto and firing as many times as I can, immediately. But the 67 year old man restrained himself for several moments, but it appears after he felt he was losing his grip he fired once. Now I'd say most innocent, law-abiding people probably wouldn't be attacking an old man this way, but even if somehow it was arguable to have done so, once that shot gun goes off you'd think that most innocent people would back off, not fight harder. So hard that the old man had to fire again to fend off the attack....

Who knows, maybe if he would have had the recommended running gear on, his jog would have been faster and no altercation would have ever even happened, we'll never know, The Gregory's probably wish every moment of every day they didn't chase down the young man but we'll never know. The young man probably had several clear thoughts that he probably shouldn't have attacked a man with a shot gun before he died. we'll never know. Was justice served or vengeance? I guess we will never truly know.
Next level stupidity with a healthy dash of racism. Well done.

The prosecutor in closing statement said he was not jogging and was not a good person. He was in that neighborhood for bad reasons. The three people shouldn't have tried a citizen arrest. They should have just called the police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT