ADVERTISEMENT

Health update

6.William.Bs

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2011
i sent the below message as a DM to a fellow AY’er re: my brain tumor, and thought others that offered prayers may be interested. If not, just click ‘BACK’

The pathology came back the same as in ‘08, which is awesome news (grade 2 astrocytoma). The surgeon said he got 95% of the tumor and scar tissue.

I met with my neuro-onco in Dallas and we discussed a lower, yet everyday dose of chemo (temodar), with quarterly MRIs.

A week after surgery on Dec 14 I was noticing pain in my left calf. Went to a vascular doc (Stephanian in Garland) and Dx with a blood clot. I give blame to this due to a herniated disc suffered from having a seizure in a wheelchair on Oct 20 with no head support.
Reason I say that is the only place comfortable enough to sleep post-op was in my recliner, where my legs hang off the right at where the clot formed, thus cutting off circulation.

Dr Stephanian called my neuro-surgeon and, of course, he did not want me on an anticoagulant that soon, so Dr S put in an IVC filter near my groin. The filter was taken out of my neck a couple of weeks ago (looks like a large fly fishing jig with no “fur”).

In the meantime I met with an orthopaedic spine surgeon (Dr Dossett) at the Carrell Clinic. He played LB at USC & is the guy that did Romo’s back & Prince Fielder’s neck. His PA put me on a steroid, which did not help at all. You may have seen on AggieTabi’s post that I had an injection by Dr Belger at Texas Institute for Surgery next to Dallas Presby on Monday, and that has given some relief.

I did ask my neuro-surgeon (Dr Rao at MDA) if he could take some pictures of my brain. He said “sure we can do that.” Then looked at my wife and said “that’s creepy.” We all laughed. I saved them on my phone and show anybody who wants to see them.

Obviously, I’ve had a lot on my plate, and even felt sorry for myself because things just kept coming at me, but then I remembered ISP, Marco, & so many others.. Decided to fight like hell till the Lord wants me to come home.

Gig’em!

Casey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News