ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE TO THANK MY GOD!!! HAD A STROKE LAST WEDNESDAY!!!

rburkham

Known Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2004
Greenville, TX 75402
Been out of circulation for a few days! Admittedly, the stroke was minor, but I think the Good Lord was trying to tell me something! What was it? I think HE was trying to tell to, "Ease up on the Ultra Liberal Pinko Commies!!!" HE was trying to get through my thick head that, "No one was listening to me, anyway!!!"

The doc said my stroke was "minor", but the "next one" (IF there is an "next one"!!!) could be tremendously worse!!! He changed my medication, and told me to exercise more, and to "Take it easy!"

That I plan to do!!! No more blistering bombs! No more calling you LWLPCs (Oops! there I go! That was a slip up!!!) LWLPCs!!! That does not mean that I will not disagree! But I will try to be more "civil" about it from here on!!!

A few days ago, a number of you LWLPCs also told me to slow down - even go fishing!!! Well, I ain't no fisherman!!! But I am going to take your advice! And I thank you in advance for your suggestions! (Just don't let it go to your heads!!! This admission is NOT an admission of surrender, or an admission of defeat!!!)

I woke up Wednesday morning and my whole left side, from the top of my head to my left big toe, felt numb and tingly as if it was asleep. I thought, at first, that it was from the way I slept on it! I rubbed it a few minutes, then tried to get up from the bed but, with my first step, I almost collapsed to the floor but caught myself on my dresser. My left leg just did not want to cooperate!! It took about 45 minutes of massaging before I could stand on my left leg! I had an appointment with my physical therapist, and I decided to go down and see what he thought about it. He immediately called my GP and set up an appointment for me to see him. However, the nurse at the GP's office called back and told me to go directly to the ER.

There was a flurry of doctors, nurses and aides harassing me all afternoon and through the night!!! No one telling me anything! Only catnaps between punchings with needles, or taking my vitals or my temperature!!! I would hardly get to dozing when the next group repeat the process!

Thursday was taken up with tests of assorted nature!!! And, of course, there were a thousand questions, many of which I could not answer!!! Only late in the afternoon did anyone talk to me!
A cardiologist came in any tried to explain everything, but I was too sleepy and groggy, I did not understand hardly any of what she said!!! All I remember was that they had to keep me one more night, at least, and we would see about things in the morning!

That meant one more night on the lumpiest "bed" I have ever tried to sleep on!!! But, luckily, they did not bother me as much, and I slept regardless of the lumps in the bed! I was only awaken about three times all night!!!

More tests Friday morning! However, it was after four PM when mycardiologist came by and talked to me. He said that I had had a "minor", and probably had several in the past, but they were so minor that I did not pay attention to them! He gave me a prescription and told me to go see him in two weeks. He talked about several other things, but I don't remember them. Starting tomorrow, I do remember him saying that they had set up a nursing service to provide a nurse to be with me. She will come by tomorrow and I will find out what she is going to be doing, and for how long. They will also set up a physical therapist to come to my home starting, supposedly, next week...

The side of my face - even my EAR! - is numb as if it was partially asleep! My upper arm and forearm as well are still numb, as well as my left thigh, and I slightly "drag" my left foot when I walk, but I have no slurred speech, although the hearing in my left ear is slightly impaired (I have to put my cell phone on "SPEAKER" to hear someone talking...

So, now...Guys! That was just too close for me to fiddle with!!! You guys can help by not trying to torment me about "giving in" to you guys! Okay? And I don't give a Tinker's dam whether any of you believe that I am a real person, or a figment of someone's imagination!!! Okay. So, there!!!

In the meantime, You guys have a GREAT Saturday. Okay?

Roy Burkham,
Greenville, TX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.