ADVERTISEMENT

Grading Our State’s Emergency Response

chandler bhang

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2002
what say ye?

let’s try not to make this political.

avoid this sort of thing:

Hey Brian, how many rolling blackouts do we have to endure to catch up with the number California has enacted the last decade?

All in All at this point in time, I’d give them an A-

The minus is just because I’m tired of the 30 on / 30 off cycles. The ‘A’ is because I can’t think of anything they could have done to change it.

Now the feds? Different story. Get Comrade Biden to back off the Green New Deal crap! We need to be energy self sufficient.

Last edited:
ERCOT had to ask the feds permission to increase power supply without first filing air quality and other permits. Though the feds complied, when You’re handcuffing yourself with unreliable energy sources to begin with, grading the response is an exercise in futility.

as for not rolling the blackouts and being 60+ hrs without power, I give an F to whoever is calling those shots.

also: would’ve been bad news if I was planning to demobilize the wife and kids to a location with electricity if we only owned electric vehicles.

Last edited:
thefederalist.com, your source for unbiased reportage.

lol.

lots of deflection going on in texas by o&g right now.

trying like hell to make green energy the scapegoat for their own irresponsible actions.

the sheep will buy it, of course, because “any regulation bah baah baaad!”

Brian Kahn, your source for unbiased reportage.

lol.

with proper winterization, fossil fuels can provide all of the energy we need, regardless of weather.

with proper winterization, wind and solar can provide a portion of the energy we need if the weather is right.

if you want to supplement fossil fuel production with renewables (I’d rather supplement with nuclear), great. But a supplementary capacity doesn’t appear to be the direction renewables are headed. I’m not naïve enough think that fossil fuels do not produce pollutants. We can argue about the effects of those pollutants, but unfortunately pollutants are part of the price of doing business.

reminder that ERCOT asked the feds to take the handcuffs off fossil fuel power generation when shit hit the fan, not to bring more solar panels online.

Last edited:
didn’t even notice, but it was an easy way to get the tweets of our reps in one place.

lord knows they aren’t beholden to anyone or any industry.

right?

lots of deflection going on in texas by o&g right now.

while I don’t agree that millions would’ve died, gas was still doing the heavy lifting while wind and solar wilted.

bottom right in the graphic

perhaps even more ironic, nuclear, gas, and coal are doing the heavy lifting for New England (top left).

Last edited:
Good interview. I’ve met Jason. Is a good guy and makes a lot of sense here.
Video: Texas Power Outages Explained—Jason Isaac

Download our app to read more at https://ept.ms/DownloadApp

Reactions: darterbury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT