ADVERTISEMENT

Governor Abbott in Trouble?

usnaAggie

Known Member
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Per Mark's earlier direction, I stopped watching politics on television. One of the two tv shows I regularly watch now is The Five" on Fox. Juan Williams is the duty Democrat.
The other four members of The Five were pinging on Juan regarding the governor of NY for the Covid scandal. Juan's rejoinder was the Cuomo was one of two governors who are in "trouble." the other being Abbott. Since I do not live in Texas, anymore, my question for AY - Is Gov Abbott in "trouble?"

Juan Williams talks out his ass a lot. So does Gutfield. They’re paid well to do it. So the question is, what does your gut tell you on the matter?

Reactions: DEu398 and Win77
I will vote against him in the primary for certain. I was already unhappy with the way he handled COVID, the ERCOT thing is just another reason. The job is just too big for him.

I will vote against him in the primary for certain. I was already unhappy with the way he handled COVID, the ERCOT thing is just another reason. The job is just too big for him.
He does have trouble measuring up.

Some people don't like him. Maybe they expected him to walk on water.

Didn't even come close to meeting expectations like that. If that's the metric, he doesn't really have a leg to stand on

Last edited:
One has to remember the Texas Governor position is not a strong Governor by law. Abbot has been finding ways to increase that such has having to review all new proposed rules and regulations. In this matter with energy bills, he does not have the authority to alter that. The Legislature does. Same with COVID, he could only do certain things. I think he has done a good job with what authority he has as he has moved resources to try to help after hurricanes, with COVID, and now. He does have a chance to show leadership in evaluating the situation and getting the Legislature to address the issues. Keep in mind the generation of power, the infrastructure, and delivery/cost of power have been issues for decades. Professionals like my father said this was going to happen 20 and 30 years ago. He build power plants in addition to docks, harbors, bridges, etc. He knew what was the status was and where the problems were. When it comes to Abbott, there are some others areas I wish he would show more leadership with. He really needs to be smart and show some leadership.

From what I have heard, national Dems are concerned he will run for the Presidency. That is one reason there will be a huge push, especially out of state money, to try to get Beto elected as Governor. It is going to get nasty.

The person that should be in trouble is Dan Patrick. He controls want goes to the floor during the legislative term. I think the Governor has done a good job managing the process with what he has the power to do.

One has to remember the Texas Governor position is not a strong Governor by law. Abbot has been finding ways to increase that such has having to review all new proposed rules and regulations. In this matter with energy bills, he does not have the authority to alter that. The Legislature does. Same with COVID, he could only do certain things. I think he has done a good job with what authority he has as he has moved resources to try to help after hurricanes, with COVID, and now. He does have a chance to show leadership in evaluating the situation and getting the Legislature to address the issues. Keep in mind the generation of power, the infrastructure, and delivery/cost of power have been issues for decades. Professionals like my father said this was going to happen 20 and 30 years ago. He build power plants in addition to docks, harbors, bridges, etc. He knew what was the status was and where the problems were. When it comes to Abbott, there are some others areas I wish he would show more leadership with. He really needs to be smart and show some leadership.

From what I have heard, national Dems are concerned he will run for the Presidency. That is one reason there will be a huge push, especially out of state money, to try to get Beto elected as Governor. It is going to get nasty.
If Beto is elected the state is lost, ruined and deserves him.

Reactions: wick

F**k Beto !

You are not getting good information.

You've gotta to be kidding. Beto for Governor of Texas, he wouldn't even make a good dog catcher.

Reactions: darterbury and wick
Yeah - the jerk was helping elderly Texans as a private citizen while our elected representatives went on vacation then lied about it. Damn you Beto! You make the elected people look bad.

Personal feelings aside, If he was instrumental in this action then this act should be appreciated.
Even AOC raised funds for several charities to help Texans. Those are commendable actions. As for Ted Cruse, he was asleep at the wheel..no other way to frame it. With that being said, I absolutely do not like their policies or politics. As with many on the left they have laudable goals but their approaches and rationale are just not worthy and are usually totally unacceptable.
One example...(and the list is long) , Keystone Pipeline..kill it and thousands of jobs and say tuff shit find another job. Just plain stupid.

Personal feelings aside, If he was instrumental in this action then this act should be appreciated.
Even AOC raised funds for several charities to help Texans. Those are commendable actions. As for Ted Cruse, he was asleep at the wheel..no other way to frame it. With that being said, I absolutely do not like their policies or politics. As with many on the left they have laudable goals but their approaches and rationale are just not worthy and are usually totally unacceptable.
One example...(and the list is long) , Keystone Pipeline..kill it and thousands of jobs and say tuff shit find another job. Just plain stupid.
It’s fair to not like someone’s political views but think a particular action is good. That’s critical thinking.

Reactions: bioaggie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT