ADVERTISEMENT

For the attorneys......Uvalde Police Chief and another indicted.........?

DentonAg80

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Most of us would be pretty clear that the response in Uvalde at the school was pathetic. Having worked with schools and law enforcement for school crisis situations, I know there are inconsistent policies and protocols between schools, local law enforcement, and state law enforcement. FEMA school shooting says to do one thing and our local district has different protocols. Within FWISD, FWPD and the schools had different protocols from the small cities that had FWISD schools. That leads to confusion in a number of ways. At the shooting in Floriday, one officer stayed outside and another went inside. Both passed the shooter on the way out with the students (he was a former student who had been expelled) as he had left his firearm upstairs. Similar problems in Colorado.
Now there are indictments. Maybe some of the legal minds on here can suggest how this may go. I doubt they get significant time even if convicted, which I doubt would stand up to appeal. What say you legal mnds?
Former Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Chief Pete Arrendondo and former school police officer Adrian Gonzales were named in the indictments, which represent the first criminal charges filed in the school massacre.

The two officers face felony charges of abandoning and endangering a child, Uvalde District Attorney Christina Mitchell told the Uvalde Leader-News, and one of them was expected to surrender later Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News