ADVERTISEMENT

First visit to College Station

DrCorona

New or Lurking
Aug 25, 2003
First trip ever to Kyle Field & Aggieland. Coming down from Michigan for the game September 21 vs. Auburn.
As lovers of College Football a bud & I started doing non Wolverine roadies in the year 2000, although its been 7 years since we did our last trip which was into the Swamp. Finally was able to align our schedules to get back out this year. I pushed hard for this one over the Cocktail Party so we're all set with tickets & air.
This will be the 7th SEC venue I've attended & will count this as a Bucket list visit most definitely.
Looking forward to seeing the sea of Maroon plus all the traditions & pageantry that go along with the A&M brand.
Flying into Austin on Thursday & gonna sample the music scene there Thursday night. Make the trip over to CS sometime Friday & get prepped for what it has to offer.
Any tips on must see/must do's are welcome & appreciated from those in the know. 2 months out....never too early to start talking CF & start planning a CF weekend!

Last edited:
First trip ever to Kyle Field & Aggieland. Coming down from Michigan for the game September 21 vs. Auburn.
As lovers of College Football a bud & I started doing non Wolverine roadies in the year 2000, although its been 7 years since we did our last trip into the Swamp. Finally was able to align our schedules to get back out this year. I pushed hard for this one over the Cocktail Party so we're all set with tickets & air.
This will be the 7th SEC venue I've attended & will count this as a Bucket list visit most definitely.
Looking forward to seeing the sea of Maroon plus all the traditions & pageantry that go along with the A&M brand.
Flying into Austin on Thursday & gonna sample the music scene there Thursday night. Make the trip over to CS sometime Friday & get prepped for what it has to offer.
Any tips on must see/must do's are welcome & appreciated from those in the know. 2 months out....never too early to start talking CF & start planning a CF weekend!
Make midnight yell practice Friday night.

I love the Corps marching into the stadium before the game. Goosebumps

Yes, usually 40,000 + attend. To get the feeling of an A&M game experience, you absolutely cant miss that. Very unique

Reactions: DrCorona
Do many tailgaters set up TV's to watch early games? Or are there any bars walking distance to Kyle Field? Wouldn't mind catching a bit of the Michigan/Wisconsin Noon (11 am CST) game before heading inside.

As lovers of College Football a bud & I started doing non Wolverine roadies in the year 2000, although its been 7 years since we did our last trip into the Swamp. Finally was able to align our schedules to get back out this year. I pushed hard for this one over the Cocktail Party so we're all set with tickets & air.

You are welcome to come to my tailgate and enjoy spirits and food. If you want more info send me an email at zrussell@ilstech.com.

Pros & Cons of weekend trip to College Station:
Pros: Excellent local Hosts
Step off March in of the Corps of Cadets
Education in Aggie History including Military & Bonfire
Blackhawk Helicopter fly over
Cool stadium with a lot of Energy
The Rebel, Dixie Chicken, Corner Bar & Rooftop Grille

Cons: Less than stellar performance by Home team
Absolutely Sh*tty 1st half performance by my HoMe TeaM on the TV
Traffic around town
Car got towed Friday night
F'n Hot!!