ADVERTISEMENT

Father-Son trip Suggs and Recos (NFR)

Smooth Obturator

Known Member
Dec 15, 2012
Aggieland
My oldest son is turning 13 this fall. I'd like to set up a fun trip for the 2 of us. Anyways, I have a few things in mind, although some may have to wait until next spring/summer.

We are very novice hunters/fisherman/campers so we do not have a lot of gear. I really don't want to procure a lot of gear just for the trip either.

My first choice would be a 2-3 night backpacking/camping trip, preferably in the Rockies. This would have to be guided ideally with equipment included. Perhaps we could include a day or 2 of rafting as well. Are they any guides or outfitters you could recommend for a trip like this? Any locations? I'd be open to other locations as well including Alaska or Canada.

His first choice is renting a pop up trailer and going on a multi state road trip. I've tried to tell him that is not super feasible as we'd have to start out with a 10-12 hour drive from CS to get to a place worth traveling to.

Another thought would be a 4-5 weekend in Denver during football season and catch a Broncos game since he is a big Von Miller fan.

We went snapper fishing out of Panama city beach earlier in the summer and he had a great time, so a fishing trip is another potential option.

Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone done a trip like this with their dad and/or son and if so where did y'all go?

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.