ADVERTISEMENT

Elko press conference notes

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
I’m posting this from my phone, so bear with me if there are some interesting words inserted via autocorrect.

Injuries: he didn’t mention many, but Trey Jones and Dezz Ricks did come up. Conner Weigman will not be 100% at any point in camp. There hasn’t been any setbacks, but he’s still recovering.

On the QB front, he said Weigman going into the spring didn’t mean anything, but also indicated he’s still the guy. He said Jaylen Henderson is working on his accuracy (which I’ve said) and Marcel Reed is still developing his overall came.

Bryce Anderson is not a nickel anymore. He is a safety, period. He mentioned Jaydon Hill, Bravion Rogers and Tyreek Chappell as possibilities at nickel. He said Chappell could play both outside and at nickel.

At safety, he really talked highly about Dalton Brooks and indicated he’ll get better as he continues to develop. He also really likes transfer Marcus Ratcliffe.

Elko really, really likes Nic Scourton. Says he’s going to be a big part of the team this fall. He also said guard Armaj Reed-Adams is having a great spring.

Said Rueben Owens is still learning to be an SEC back. He can break the big ones, but he’s still learning how to grind out 5 or 6 yards each carry.

Said the team overall is “a work in progress, which is to be expected.”

The team will be “very open” to options in the transfer portal when it reopens on the 15th. He also doesn’t expect a lot of players to go in, because “we’ve got a very good vibe around our program right now.”

He is very pleased with the corners, even if Ricks has been limited. Said they have a lot of talent in that room now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News