ADVERTISEMENT

Easter - Sunday April 5th - Be Ready to Give an Answer of Hope

agbq89inva

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2001
I've always loved Easter. I was saved the Thursday night before Easter 1986 after a B-Company Band Bible Study. My outfit Chaplain led me to the Lord when my old lady told me to go back to the Chaplain's room and discuss my personal struggle. Our Chaplain explained the simplicity of salvation. That I didn't have to be perfect, or sin-free, and that my personal stumbling block of a public profession of faith could be finally be put aside right then and there. I said a simple prayer of salvation, and have trusted Christ ever since as my Lord and Savior. I'm not perfect (no Christian is), but I count myself saved and sealed for all eternity.

I encourage those of Christian faith to "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,..." 1 Peter 3:15. These discussions are often open doors and God-given opportunities. They offer us a chance to explain our faith, show the Love of Christ during this most sacred time of year, and perhaps even lead someone (friend, family member, coworker, passing acquaintance) to the Lord.

"He is not here, for he has risen, just as he said..." Mathew 28:6

This post was edited on 3/22 1:13 PM by agbq89inva

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.