ADVERTISEMENT

Dental advice

aggiesfan

Known Member
Aug 20, 2001
Question for the dental community. Our middle son needed to have teeth #5 and #12 removed to create some space. He also had 2 baby teeth next to 5 and 12 that needed to be extracted. In the meantime, the baby teeth were loose, so we told my son a couple of weeks ago, we would pay him $20 per tooth if he could get the teeth out. Yesterday, my son got the last baby tooth out. Today, he went in for the procedure. The dentist extracted 5 and 12, but also extracted 4 and 13. Are you freaking kidding!!!!!

My wife works at the practice. Yeah, not good. So my wife went into panic mode....literally...and told the dentist how he screwed up. Apparently the chart stated 4 extractions and it was supposed to be 5, 12, A & F. My wife thinks he saw 4 extractions and took off. How he did this, I don't know. So, the Dr. immediately put the 2 teeth back. They went in without a problem, but of course now we're on a wait and see mode.

I wanted to get some advice. My wife has been working in dental practices for 25 years, so she knows dentistry. What are the next steps? The Dr. said we'll check on him next week. My biggest fear is the future. My son is only 13 years old. From experience, we know the teeth might not reattach to the bone. The nerve is obviously gone. There are problems that might not show up for years.

The second thing, is the dentist is close to retirement. He already said he would take care of any issues with this mistake, but what about after he retires. If my son needs implants at some point down the road, that's a pretty hefty amount of money.

TIA!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.