ADVERTISEMENT

Colonoscopy

Pinchi Gringo

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
So recently we had the posts on colonoscopy's with many telling of some very funny vignettes of their colonoscopy experience.
At the same time it reminded me I was overdue for mine, which I promptly scheduled. During the workup prior to the C, it was discovered that I had "a premature ventricular contraction with a fairly long compensatory pause." Heart problems are a first for me and this one seemed to cause some excitement for the C staff. So now I've got an appointment with a cardiologist. (seems that these days docs are my only friends)

At the same time I hear from my bestie that one of our good friends from high school has been diagnosed with colon and rectal cancer. He is the same age as me and has never had a colonoscopy. My friend who shared this news, whose brother died from colon cancer, also has never had one.

The point of my post is this, a colonoscopy to me is not as bad as a dentist drilling on teeth. If you are 50 or over, or have a family history of colon problems, get it done. It is life saving! Not to mention picking up something early like my heart deal. Thanks for reading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.