ADVERTISEMENT

Can I Beat a Dead Horse

Why can’t he compete against men like he has been for the previous 3 years? I don’t think anyone gives a damn if he wants to pretend to be a woman but he shouldn’t be allowed to compete in competitions that are for biological women
I'm not on the committee so you'd have to ask them. Or we can pull up the IOC rules and the NCAA rules, compare and debate. We won't because the real intent here is to ostracize an already marginalized group of people. IMO, I don't think there's a huge group of male swimmers out there that are waiting at their Dr's office to start hormone therapy so that they can compete with females.

Remember the last time we talked about women's swimming here? Beer Donkey gave a good response upon which, I think most reasonable people can agree. I'm fine with the NCAA adopting the same rules as the IOC's or whatever they want to decide what is fair for their sport. I'm not in their sport and, like everyone else here, I'm not a fan of their sport. From reading some of the posts, there might be something else at play here. I think that we've pivoted to "yell the transgender away", which will work as well as "yell the gay away" did, in the long run.
You're deflecting, you didn't clarify anything, you just put your hands up on the actual topic, the actual challenges folks have, and said I don't really care, and desperately pivoted to "yell the transgender away". That's a comfortable place for you, its a place you feel safe, its where your echo chamber has won every argument. Lets bring in the phobia du jour, deflect away from the actual issue, and watch the Cretans dig their way out of the bottomless hate pit you've placed them in. Grow up and be a better human.

This is a great reply but, honestly, this is about pulling one's self up by pushing others down. she's part of a small, marginalized group (.6 of the population) that we need to lampoon so that we can feel better about ourselves.
If you think a position is wrong it should be that much easier to rebut. It should be that much easier to persuade people that it is wrong. But because it is not wrong, the only tool you can reflectively go to is to blame a position on "pushing others down", or racism, or white supremacy.

That dog just won't hunt!

You're deflecting, you didn't clarify anything, you just put your hands up on the actual topic, the actual challenges folks have, and said I don't really care, and desperately pivoted to "yell the transgender away". That's a comfortable place for you, its a place you feel safe, its where your echo chamber has won every argument. Lets bring in the phobia du jour, deflect away from the actual issue, and watch the Cretans dig their way out of the bottomless hate pit you've placed them in. Grow up and be a better human.
I’ve stated several times that I agree with Beer Donkey’s response. I’m not pivoting or avoiding anything.

How do you know. You in that room. You like sucking Dick?
Congrats to Lia. A true pioneer for transgenders everywhere
This is a great reply but, honestly, this is about pulling one's self up by pushing others down. she's part of a small, marginalized group (.6 of the population) that we need to lampoon so that we can feel better about ourselves.
Well. Here we see the entire spectrum of acceptable liberal responses:

1. Ad hominem attacks
2. Celebrate injustice
3. Accuse those with differing views of intolerance.

They make it so easy. And none of these involve logic or reason. At least Beer Donkey made an attempt to address the real issue (I.e., why should biological females have to compete against biological males in sporting activities?).

Last edited:
“Sammy Social Justice Warrior
Sammy Social Justice Warrior
Justice Warrior
Sammy Power”

troll-trolls.gif
“Sammy Social Justice Warrior
Justice Warrior
Sammy Power”
Tommy the Troll strikes again. An ad hominem argument.

Y’all are neighbors in the alphabet too, “S” and “T”.

I’m sorry for your loss. T&P

I, nor my family or friends, have ever been negatively impacted by a transgender person. We are the lucky ones.
Consider asking the little sip swimmer and the 2nd place finisher (both who stood a full foot shorter on the podium), if she and her family were negatively impacted by the dude who won their race.

Reactions: darterbury
Consider asking the little sip swimmer and the 2nd place finisher (both who stood a full foot shorter on the podium), if she and her family were negatively impacted by the dude who won their race.
I’m reminded of a great quote I heard once.
“Shit happens. People happen. Shit people happen.” The dude who beats girls in swim meets and the folks who defend guys competing against girls in swim meets are definitely the latter.

Reactions: TMGlouisiana
Have you been affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine? No? But you do know that it’s wrong?
Actually . . . everyone is affected by the russian invasion. Some will likely be slower to recognize this (#putin' price hike, supply chain, covid, petro greed, big bank greed and on and on.. They'll provide a litany of excuses (heart felt) to believe they're on the right side of the good life. I don't know many liberals who live a contented life

Have you been affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine? No? But you do know that it’s wrong?
I definitely have, but that is beside the point. I don't think transgender women should be able to compete against women. I certainly don't know all the science about when hormones are given, etc., but it does seem to fundamentally not be fair.

That wasn't what I was responding to though. I was responding to the allegation that transgender people "impact so many people in a negative way." Come on.

I definitely have, but that is beside the point. I don't think transgender women should be able to compete against women. I certainly don't know all the science about when hormones are given, etc., but it does seem to fundamentally not be fair.

That wasn't what I was responding to though. I was responding to the allegation that transgender people "impact so many people in a negative way." Come on.
My apologies. I read your comments as there’s no problem with it.

Oh, and by the way, the team I am on is the kindness team, which I assume is the one that everyone else desires to be on.

Why not use the pronoun she prefers. Insisting on calling her a man when she has a stated preference otherwise seems petty.

Saying he, confuses the issue. Treating her with respect and avoiding transphobic attitudes keeps the other side from muddling the issue. This is not about transphobia. It is about fair play for cis female athletes
Perfect take. It would surprise most on here, but I dont think many people think the Lia Thomas thing is fair or just. Not sure what exactly to do about it since we are dealing with the .01% of all situations, but unfair is unfair and being mean is being mean. Its some basic Vacation Bible School type of stuff

100%. Empathy is not a liberal trait. Its just a human one

Not really. Human history is not defined by empathy, nor is American history. Not really a surprise as Americans are in fact humans.

“We’re going to let biological males compete against biological females because we don’t want them to kill themselves” isn’t empathy. It’s a calculation:

“Those factors included a fear that anti-transgender legislation is bad for luring and retaining businesses, Mr. Cox’s own history of being sensitive to L.G.B.T.Q. concerns and a frustration with lawmakers in his own party who blindsided him on March 4 when they approved a last-minute version of the bill.” - from The NY Times.

Members of this society have empathy when it’s to their own benefit. Period. There are countless examples of that phenomenon. We’re willing to accept “collateral damage” in wars from World War II to Afghanistan. Vietnam only became a problem when the draft lottery started getting upper middle class kids killed. The Opioid Epidemic is a problem in ways crack never was for similar reasons. We enrich communist China for cheaper products to suit ourselves.

Liberals will destroy people with whom they disagree to protect the not-so-innocent.

Neither liberals nor conservatives care about anyone but their own interests. There’s no empathy for the girls who have to compete against 6’4” 225 lb guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: saheat
Not really. Human history is not defined by empathy, nor is American history. Not really a surprise as Americans are in fact humans.

“We’re going to let biological males compete against biological females because we don’t want them to kill themselves” isn’t empathy. It’s a calculation:

“Those factors included a fear that anti-transgender legislation is bad for luring and retaining businesses, Mr. Cox’s own history of being sensitive to L.G.B.T.Q. concerns and a frustration with lawmakers in his own party who blindsided him on March 4 when they approved a last-minute version of the bill.” - from The NY Times.

Members of this society have empathy when it’s to their own benefit. Period. There are countless examples of that phenomenon. We’re willing to accept “collateral damage” in wars from World War II to Afghanistan. Vietnam only became a problem when the draft lottery started getting upper middle class kids killed. The Opioid Epidemic is a problem in ways crack never was for similar reasons. We enrich communist China for cheaper products to suit ourselves.

Liberals will destroy people with whom they disagree to protect the not-so-innocent.

Neither liberals nor conservatives care about anyone but their own interests.
That is simply not true. No matter how much you need to tell yourself that. I grew up in small town East Texas and there were a ton of nice people that did things for others all the time with no clear benefit or quid pro quo.

Ironically, we are aligned on the Lia Thomas situation, but you still want to make this about 20 other things for whatever reason. Do you man.

That is simply not true. No matter how much you need to tell yourself that. I grew up in small town East Texas and there were a ton of nice people that did things for others all the time with no clear benefit or quid pro quo.

Ironically, we are aligned on the Lia Thomas situation, but you still want to make this about 20 other things for whatever reason. Do you man.
I grew up in Jena, Louisiana, population 2,500. There are lot of nice people in the world. In a small town, it’s because of familiarity and decency and often because you’re related.

College Station isn’t like the rest of the world, either. The gravity that is A&M changes how people relate. I saw great things there all the time.

You get further out and away from first name basis and people are more than willing to destroy the “other.” Before long, it’s “us vs. them.” Hence things like war, which is pretty much the language of human history.

Things just got complicated as the new Supreme Court Justice nominee cannot define what a woman is.
I always thought a woman was a life support system for a pussy, and Lia certainly does not meet that definition. LMAO

Things just got complicated as the new Supreme Court Justice nominee cannot define what a woman is.
I always thought a woman was a life support system for a pussy, and Lia certainly does not meet that definition. LMAO
“An obligation, a festering hole of need that exists to consume and destroy its host”

Reductive, of course, but it accurately describes the one I married. And she is in fact a woman.

“An obligation, a festering hole of need that exists to consume and destroy its host”

Reductive, of course, but it accurately describes the one I married. And she is in fact a woman.
The corollary, "you never really know a woman until she gets you in court". I feel your pain Sam and I can relate.

Reactions: darterbury

Do you think agreeing with the gender dysphoria mental disorder of transgender people is showing empathy? I think that is horrible and cruel. They need real therapy where people are telling them that are not a man or a woman just because they feel they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT