ADVERTISEMENT

BBQ minds needed; HA and others calling on you

loftwill

Known Member
Mar 10, 2008
It is supposed to get into the low 70's this weekend here in Denver, so it is time to bust out the first batch of BBQ for this year. We will probably still have a couple snows but, I have to take advantage of the nice days while I can get them.

I'm not looking to do a big cut of meat. I want to try something new, with a twist. I am going to ribs, chicken, and sausage. I have to make a couple slabs of big red ribs for the friends or there might be a mutiny. The sausage is set as I already home made 20 pounds of a jalapeno cheese pork.

I want to do a twist on the chicken and additional ribs outside of the big red ribs. I'm thinking of orange crush smoked chicken thighs. This would seem to go well with the big red ribs... two soda brined meats with very distinct flavors. For the twist on ribs I want to try Malcolm Reeds jerk ribs recipe.

So here are the questions. Has anyone made orange crush smoked chicken, or jerk ribs? I found both ideas on the interwebs, but do not have any feedback on if they are actually good. Any advice, ideas, recipes, etc would be appreciated.

Do you have any twists on the traditional bbq recipes? I would like to give a couple of new recipes a try. I am not set on what I am going to do yet, and would appreciate your thoughts and input.

This post was edited on 3/13 10:07 PM by loftwill

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.