ADVERTISEMENT

Another Broker Comes Forward Claiming to Have Paid Johnny Manziel

Nothing has really changed imo. I'm reading a lot of hearsay and people "claiming" Johnny got paid or agreed to sign for pay...even ESPN saying they "saw a video" but also didn't buy the video. Bottom line is, as of RIGHT NOW, I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever of said allegations. Why can't ESPN or any other media outlet provide such evidence? I'm not saying they eventually won't...but this is is pretty big news or at least ESPN has turned it into pretty big news....yet they still can't or won't provide any hard evidence.

Yawn...wake me up when they come forth with something concrete.

Johnny has been out of control since January. It appears that his parents nor anyone else can control his off the field activities. As a college football fan and an SEC fan I hate to see Johnny gone wild. So why would a player sign hundreds of items at a setting for a broker? Maybe he has a big heart. Let's see how this plays out. I hope the head coach can get a hold of him before he finishes himself off. I feel sorry for his parents.

This is not meant to be argumentative or an accusation; I'm just trying to understand. Why would anyone sign hundreds, or possibly thousands of autographs for a broker, who will make good money from them, for free? Why do that for the broker if you weren't receiving something in return?

Originally posted by Minarcsik:
This is not meant to be argumentative or an accusation; I'm just trying to understand. Why would anyone sign hundreds, or possibly thousands of autographs for a broker, who will make good money from them, for free? Why do that for the broker if you weren't receiving something in return?
The flipside of that would be....Why would a player that comes from a family that's already belly deep in $$$ need to sign autographs for peanuts? Yes, to him and his family, the $7500. would definitely be considered just that...peanuts.

It still flies in the face of logic. He doesn't strike anyone as the type of person who would do all that for no personal gain what so ever.
My personal interest is in yalls AD , who hounded our former ner-do-well QB Stephen Garcia like there was no tomorrow, but seems conspicuously absent here.

Originally posted by Chile Pequin:

The flipside of that would be....Why would a player that comes from a family that's already belly deep in $$$ need to sign autographs for peanuts? Yes, to him and his family, the $7500. would definitely be considered just that...peanuts.
Chile, I was in a meeting where a rig was being sold. One of the individuals who stood to make $350.000+ got up and left the meeting in order to sell a $100.00 piece of carpet. Go figure???? I've never been able to understand avarice in humans. There is no answer nor understanding of it. MM

Right... because in reality, he calls Dad for a quick $7,500 peanut deposit. lol

Originally posted by Shipyard Dog:

Right... because in reality, he calls Dad for a quick $7,500 peanut deposit. lol
Right...because you're assuming he doesn't already have that and many times more sitting in his bank account from Grandmom...or Mom/Dad. LOL.

"Johnny has been out of control since January. It appears that his parents nor anyone else can control his off the field activities. As a college football fan and an SEC fan I hate to see Johnny gone wild. So why would a player sign hundreds of items at a setting for a broker? Maybe he has a big heart. Let's see how this plays out. I hope the head coach can get a hold of him before he finishes himself off. I feel sorry for his parents. "

Please list all of the out of control things he's done. TIA.

Also, go look at Clowney's autographs for sale from same broker ratting Manziel put before you throw stones.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Catorano, please read my last two sentenses. Does this sound like I am throwing stones. As far as Clowney is concerned there will be no broker making any claims or showing any videos of Clowney signing hundreds of items for said broker.

Well first off his family doesn't have anywhere near the money they said they have. Total fabrication. You didn't answer the question though, then why did he sign thousands of items? It's proven he signed them, why?

There is no preventative aspect to the NCAA, so essentially you have a governing body that cares nothing for teaching student athletes about the rules and the pitfalls they should expect. Yet these empty suits sit around in their plush offices in Indianapolis and just wait for the phone to ring about violations. So their main purpose is to punish athletes and make schools money. There is no method, no plan, no critical thinking, nothing. Add to that Mark Emmert who thinks it is a wise thing to openly engage in conflict with university presidents who won't fold and you have the mess that we all have today. I hope Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel take the NCAA to the back of the barn because for too long the NCAAs policy has been to take advantage. Yes athletes get an education for their talents, but the NCAA has essentially monopolized the college athlete above and beyond what is fair. A National Letter of Intent amounts to nothing more than usury and it's high time that people say to these suits enough. Good luck this season.

I was listening to Herm Edwards on the radio the other day and what he said made perfect sense with the Manziel issue. Herm said I would call him into my office and ask him if he received any money, goods, or services for signing autographs. If he says yes, he's immediately suspended and up the NCAA to say how long, if he says that he didn't get paid then I tell him to get his ass to the practice field, if he lied to me he would be expelled. I know it sounds like common sense but I haven't heard anything from Manziel.

^that already happened. Manziel already denied this publicly and to faculty in March. Herm Edwards, if he did any research, would know this. So would Rovell.

Also, on Clowney:
1. You won't see these anonymous brokers go after Clowney because his dad didn't give them a cease and desist letter to stop selling stuff with his name on it.
2. Which broker has come forward? If it's the one cited by Schad, he has more stuff from Clowney out there.
3. What video? The one no one has seen? Why do you trust Schad and Rovell? They have been wrong and run with bs countless times.

If Johnny is forced to do so. He and his lawyers could make it really uncomfortable for many top 25 teams.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So, 1968fan what information do you have on the top 25 teams that would support your comment. Or is it out of line to ask for any supporting information.

He has anonymous sources that have placed many top players in rooms signing autographs for money. Video also.
No one will show the video or testify, so you'll just have to take his word for it.

CAT!
roll.r191677.gif

What does a pre-season all SEC second team quarterback autograph go for now days? That was a really weird vote by the SEC coaches. I hope he gets to play, but if he did in fact sign stuff for profit, albeit modest, please don't say that he was unaware of the rules.

Originally posted by J. Shellacque:
What does a pre-season all SEC second team quarterback autograph go for now days? That was a really weird vote by the SEC coaches. I hope he gets to play, but if he did in fact sign stuff for profit, albeit modest, please don't say that he was unaware of the rules.
A lot of "haters" are going to be disappointed when he plays every game this year...and YES, he will play. Rovell, who broke the story with unfounded evidence and claims from a slimey source or two, is having his "story" burn to the ground as I type this message. You will all know soon just how pathetic this accusation and "story" by Rovell is/was...

Johnny IS GOING TO PLAY!

Originally posted by J. Shellacque:
A lot of "haters" are going to be disappointed when he plays every game this year...and YES, he will play. Rovell, who broke the story with unfounded evidence and claims from a slimey source or two, is having his "story" burn to the ground as I type this message. You will all know soon just how pathetic this accusation and "story" by Rovell is/was...

Johnny IS GOING TO PLAY!
I wasn't hating mate, it was late. Sorry if it came across that way. I honestly hope, and think that he will more than likely be cleared to play the entire year. Really exciting player to watch, and it won't affect us/UK until the SEC championship game. I'm out after leaving everyone with a laugh.

True. Let's get one piece of evidence out of all they've said he's done first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT