ADVERTISEMENT

TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
How to get in touch with our sponsor:
Phone: 281-971-3362

Email: paul@westhoustonsf.com

Recapping the 2022 defensive line haul (just in the Rivals 250)
Here's where A&M's list of defensive line signees ranks according to Rivals:
Walter Nolen: #2 overall, #1 DT
Shemar Stewart: #30 overall, #4 SDE
Lebbeus Overton: #32 overall, #5 SDE
Gabe Dindy: #55 overall, #4 DT
Anthony Lucas: #57 overall, #9 SDE
Enai White: #81 overall, #5 WDE
Malick Sylla: #179 overall, #12 WDE

That's just silly.

A&M finishes with 22 players in the 2022 Rivals 250
Nolen, #2
Denver Harris, #21
Jacoby Mathews, #27
Stewart, #30
Overton, #32
Evan Stewart, #33
Conner Weigman, #36
Chris Marshall, #48
Dindy, #55
Kam Dewberry, #56
Lucas, #57
White, #81
Smoke Bouie, #119
PJ Williams, #124
Le'Veon Moss, #131
Bryce Anderson, #132
Donovan Green, #135
Marquis Groves-Killebrew, #137
Jake Johnson, #140
Sylla, #179
Bobby Taylor, #193
Martrell Harris, #201

Aggies examining options at TE, but they have plenty

Baylor Cupp's departure was abrupt and still remains a source of mystery. But if there's some positives, it's that A&M has a wealth of players at the position.
Max Wright is going to be on the field as a blocking tight end. We know that, even though he's had moments where he's struggled. But Blake Smith, who has been largely overlooked, has come on strong of late. Jake Johnson was looking really good before he got hurt, and the coaches really feel that Eli Stowers could end up as a Jace Sternberger type of tight end, where he can split out and be a real problem with his speed. And, of course, Donovan Green and Theo Ohrstrom aren't even on campus yet.

Current roster count

88, with LT Overton's signing. His brother is a preferred walk-on, and it's not every day you get a guy with pretty major college experience for just a spot on the 105.

Aggies go to Tuscaloosa with bats aflame

A&M faces Alabama (15-11) for 3 this weekend, and the Tide are 14-4 at home. But the Aggies come in with the hottest bats in the entire conference, led by a pair of transfers.
Coming off a 5-5, 4 RBI performance the other night in Austin, 1B Jack Moss is now hitting .389 with an OPS of 1.019 (that's on base % + slugging, and 1.019 is VERY good). He's walked 15 times and only struck out 11 in 89 at bats.
As hot as Moss is, and Moss is barreling up just about everything he sees right now, OF Dylan Rock is even hotter. Rock, the UTSA transfer, is hitting .358 with 6 homers and 21 RBI, and nearly all of that damage has come in the past two weeks. His OPS is an insane 1.113. He hit a grand slam the other night in Austin and was a triple short of the cycle.
Brett Minnich has hit all three of his homers in the past two weeks, including a 2-homer night against Rice last week. His average is up to .311.
The last couple of weeks have turned expectations for this team on its head. They took 2 of 3 in Baton Rouge, slugged it out with Auburn and beat Texas in Austin. 15-9 isn't going to get you into the tournament, so they need to...start pitching? Yeah, that's where the issue now is. A&M is bashing opponents to the tune of an ERA of nearly 6; the problem is, A&M's team ERA is up to 4.59.

Aggies looking to steal another RB from Baton Rouge

Tommie Robinson knows Baton Rouge. He knows it well from his time at LSU and he speaks the right language to running backs. After stealing Le'Veon Moss in the 2022 class, the Aggies are now ahead for the nation's #3 back, Kaleb Jackson.
"They love me over there, they want me over there by any means possible," he said. "They're trying to get me down there pretty much every weekend. They came up to the school one time to see me. I like the coaches, I like the people. I feel like I could go there and develop. They're a team that's hungry and wants to get better."
The Aggies are starting to really pick up their running back recruiting, which was quiet for a while as they worked on Reuben Owens. Owens is going to official at A&M, but the Aggies aren't pulling a Sumlin and putting all their eggs in one basket. Looking at the roster, though, 2023 would not be a bad time for a two-RB class.

Another stacked visitors list for this weekend (Courtney)

Dallas South Oak Cliff 2023 4-star CB Jayvon Thomas

Waco Connally 4-star RB Tre Wisner

Odessa Permian 2023 4-star OL Harris Sewell

Clear Lake 2024 4-star CB Damani Maxson

New Orleans St. Augustine 2023 3-star OL Tyree Adams

Fort Bend Hightower 2024 WR Zion Kearney

Suwanee, Ga. North Gwinnett 2023 4-star DT Kayden McDonald

Futon, Miss., 4-star ATH Isaac Smith

Tyler John Tyler 2024 4-star ATH Derrick McFall

Dickinson 2023 3-star DB Vernon Glover Jr.

Southlake Carroll 2024 TE Harrison Moore

Snellville, Ga., 2025 ATH Jarred Turner Jr.

Dickinson 2024 3-star CB Rodney Bimage

Mont Belveiu Barber's Hill 2024 WR Trevaun Dixon

Texas City 2025 DB Xavier Skowron

Little Elm 2023 DB Chase Davis

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News