ADVERTISEMENT

"So, how was Lake City this year?" you ask.

Battalion Ex

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2003

Well, the Milky Way was nice, and an early Perseid showed up for this shot, which was taken right outside our cabin on the edge of town. (For you photographers: Canon 60D, 30 seconds, ISO 3200; Tokina 11-16 at 11mm, f2.8.)

The fishing was about average, which was a bit of a disappointment because last year it was spectacular. The rivers had changed a lot from 2014 after an exceptionally heavy runoff that lasted well into July. We caught a lot more brookies than usual in the Lake Fork. The locals said that the 30-foot wall of ice on Engineer Pass in the spring was pretty amazing and took a long time to melt.

A group of my Aggie brothers and I have been staying at Westwood for several years now. After dealing with my group and some other Ags who stay there, the owner and his wife have become A&M fans, so if you ask for the Fightin' Texas Aggie discount, they'll give you 10 percent off.

The cabins are very basic. Bedrooms. Kitchen. Bath -- most with showers, a couple with tubs. Cable and Wi-Fi, but the TVs are all old CRT models and some of them are pretty small. If you need more, look elsewhere. But if you're going to be out and about all day -- as you should be -- they're more than adequate. And there's usually some socializing involving adult beverages with interesting people around the fire pit after sundown.

I'll post a couple of fish photos as soon as I can figure out which bag my TG-4 is hiding in.
[/URL]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News